Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 03-01-2010, 03:52 AM   #31
gabriel2503
gabriel2503 began at the beginning.

Device: je-100
oh i forgot mi adress. gabriel2503@yahoo.com. iff u want to send me the files. plsss help me
gabriel2503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 01:36 PM   #32
StevenK
Enthusiast
StevenK began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaredr View Post
I have bought these and they work. I also bought the external battery charger. That way I can have a back up ready to go.

Ellen
Do you notice longer charge time with this battery? Also, does swapping out the batteries hard reset the device? One of the reasons I bought the JE100 is because you can replace the battery.
StevenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2010, 07:18 PM   #33
Mr.X Senior
Mr.X Senior began at the beginning.

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenK View Post
Do you notice longer charge time with this battery? Also, does swapping out the batteries hard reset the device? One of the reasons I bought the JE100 is because you can replace the battery.

On my JE200, charging time is still the same and swaping the battries does not cause hard reset.
Mr.X Senior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 08:36 PM   #34
imaredr
Collector
imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenK View Post
I haven't noticed any longer read/operating time. Maybe the battery I bought isn't extended. I just wanted a back up and for that, the one I bought is great. Also the JE100/200 doesn't reset.

Ellen
imaredr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 10:43 AM   #35
StevenK
Enthusiast
StevenK began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
I'm going to get a backup also. It's a great way to extend reading time when you're travelling.
StevenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-07-2010, 11:27 AM   #36
gabriel2503
gabriel2503 began at the beginning.

Device: je-100
je 100

hy there. i also have a je 100 and have some problems with him like don´t want to read the ebooks,or canot configre the wireless to the internet.so can u help m pls with some advises?
gabriel2503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 10:15 PM   #37
Frankr
Zealot
Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EzReader, Sony 650, Kindle 5, Onyx i62HD, Kobo Aura HD
Smile

I just want to thank everyone here. I bough the JE-100 because of advise I read here, and I hated it. But after reviewing more advise and implementing some of the suggestions, it is now, far and away my favorite device! I love it now that I have it set to boot directly to WindowsCE and I love it using Ubook. I think I'm also going to like ZuluReader once it's tweaked a little more. I am so glad I have the JE-100. Thank you my friends.

Frank
Frankr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 11:17 PM   #38
ondabeach
Groupie
ondabeach doesn't litterondabeach doesn't litter

Device: HTC touch Diamond, Ipaq 3115

It's official! We are now a reseller for the Jointech JE series readers. I haven't added the new page to site yet, I'll do that today or tomorrow.

I will be building a resource page as well where you will be able to download updates patches etc. There will also be an area for tips, tricks and tweaks. This I'll build into a dedicated forum page so you can exchange ideas directly. (Or maybe I could link to a dedicated forum for the JE readers on MR, if only there was one!!!)

So if you come across any software or info that you think would be useful to other JE users then PM me or email me at steve@zuluexpress.com and I'll add it to the list.

Jointech have asked me to modify ZuluReader so that it can be started from the commandline without the library functions etc. ZR will then be pre-installed on new stock and future models. This will allow you to read epubs from their GUI without having to go into CE.

Of course you can always load CE (switch to computer) and run ZR in 'full' mode simply by starting it as you normally do.

If anyone is interested in the commandline version and you have any suggestions on what features to leave in and which ones to ditch then now's the time to put your 2 cents worth in

You can download ZR for CE as a CAB install from here. ZR was originally developed for Win Mobile Smartphones and did not display at all well on CE devices with larger screens.

I am in the process of making all screens 're-flow' to fit any size screen or orientation. The main screen and the 'book' screen have been done and I am working through the rest over the week or so.

I will post here with progress reports on the update (or in the new dedicated Jointech forum, hint hint

Cheers,

Steve.
ondabeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 05:47 AM   #39
bambi
Enthusiast
bambi began at the beginning.

Device: HX4700 Je100 EkenM003 WPDN NookColor
Hi Frank,
I would like to ask what version of uBook you are using? I sill use version 0.8, which is the last freeware version of 2003! Do I miss anything much?
Thanks,
Bambi.
bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 01:33 PM   #40
Frankr
Zealot
Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambi View Post
Hi Frank,
I would like to ask what version of uBook you are using? I sill use version 0.8, which is the last freeware version of 2003! Do I miss anything much?
Thanks,
Bambi.
I'm using uBook ver. 2010r0f I have it setup using it's "simple" skin, with screen tab to advance the page. Page turns are instant, and the text fills the screen perfectly.
Old 03-16-2010, 06:44 PM   #41
Jim Chapman
Addict
Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lumia 950 Phone
Hi All,

I'd be interested to get some feedback about how well Freda runs on JE Series devices. In principle it should work OK, since there is a version specifically designed for WinCE (download from the FredaWinCE.CAB link at http://www.turnip.demon.co.uk/jim/fr...l/download.htm) ... but if there are any problems I would be glad to work on them.

Freda reads EPUB, TXT and HTML files, and is compatible with WinCE, WM2003, WM5 and WM6 (also WinPhone7, just as soon as I finish porting it). It is free, open source software.

Thanks,

Jim
Jim Chapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 07:15 PM   #42
Houndx
Groupie
Houndx doesn't litterHoundx doesn't litter

Device: A81 MID, Dell Streak
Woah, Freeda is opensource? That's awesome, I'd love to tinker with the source - tho noone should expect any real contribution since I haven't seriously programmed anything in quite awhile.
Houndx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 07:02 PM   #43
Frankr
Zealot

Does anyone know where to purchase a replacement stylus for the JE-100?
Old 04-04-2010, 09:57 PM   #44
bambi
Enthusiast
bambi began at the beginning.

Device: HX4700 Je100 EkenM003 WPDN NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankr View Post
Does anyone know where to purchase a replacement stylus for the JE-100?
In case that you cannot find the replacement ...
I found that the stylus for Mio P550 pocket PC is almost a perfect replacement. They got the same size and length, the minor different is on the top part. When you insert the Mio's stylus all the way in, you got a bit (~1.5 mm) of the top part sticking out from the Je100 unit. But I think this is good, since the stylus can be extracted more easily!

You cane find Mio P550 stylus on e-bay for about $1.

Good luck!
bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 10:47 PM   #45
Frankr
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambi View Post
You can find Mio P550 stylus on e-bay for about $1.
Good luck!
Thanks, I've just ordered a five pack.