Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 01-27-2013, 02:54 PM   #1231
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mono View Post
Could you, please, place found and confirmed bugs also to thread reserved to bugs of current version:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=201694
It's done !
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:11 AM   #1232
PF4Mobile
Guru
PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Touch, EEE 800 Note, Entourage PE, finally M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mono View Post
If you are not in hurry, possibly wait a while until new release comes, so that you will not have to install firmware and 2 patches for pdf reader. I expect next release will put everything in one box. Would be less work for you...
Same here.
I wonder when the next firmware upgrade will be released.
PF4Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2013, 08:46 AM   #1233
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by PF4Mobile View Post
Same here.
I wonder when the next firmware upgrade will be released.
It will take some weeks. Currently we got stuck by porting Android to current hardware. It is really a hard nut becaues of lack of hardware unit for graphics acceleration. Current results are not fully satisfactory. We are thinking about to make this project open source.

Today I could convince our dev team to postpone this porting and to make some long ago promised and long expected features first:

1. fix some important bugs and issues
2. implement cloud services (which was almost finished but also postponed)
3. Implement multitasking
4. redesign UI
5. improve browser
6. update/replace reading apps.
(Task list is quite long)

As soon as it's finished, they can return to Android porting.

Last edited by Booxtor; 01-28-2013 at 08:49 AM.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:45 AM   #1234
onyxuser
onyxuser began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox Max Carta
@ Booxtor,

Do you have plans to release Onyx M93 with 300 dpi display 2400x1650 pixels ?

eink already offers such displays
see http://eink.com/display_products_pearl.html
onyxuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:51 AM   #1235
Ayla7
Connoisseur
Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.

Device: Onyx Boox i62HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Today I could convince our dev team to postpone this porting and to make some long ago promised and long expected features first:
Thank you Booxtor! It's really nice to hear this. I'm looking forward to see this new version
Ayla7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2013, 10:31 AM   #1236
zaytsev
zaytsev began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad 2nd Edition
Booxtor, you are awesome. It would be really great to have a new firmware with all fixes and long awaited features first, and then we can wait for Android...
zaytsev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:58 AM   #1237
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Thanks Booxtor for this good news.

Read my post : https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...42#post2400442 . If want to hope some evolutions of the firmware, you must be able to live of your business.

I want a better device, for this a support is needed and for the firmware it's you.

Last edited by Randy11; 01-28-2013 at 11:16 AM.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:57 AM   #1238
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
Quote:
Today I could convince our dev team to postpone this porting (android) and to make some long ago promised and long expected features first:

..... (Task list is quite long)

It is good decision, I guess. It is better to have one thing working 100% than two working 98%. Namely if those 2% may be important for some people.

Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:15 PM   #1239
edmond
Enthusiast
edmond began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox C65 AG
Quote:
I agree with this decision.

Please let me draw your attention to this that looks like a bug:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=204084

Do you think that the two following are usefull (and easy to implement) features?

1. a shortcut to quickly recall bookmarks while reading

2. when in the file list, a voice in the main menu which allows to edit saved properties of the file (bookmarks, page to go when opening, fonts and/or whatever else can be relevant)
edmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:26 PM   #1240
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
1. All those requests would be solved by user definable toolbar or dynamical (self learning toolbar with possibility to switch on/off the learning). Different people need different features at hand.

2. Good idea! And maybe add the possibility to choose the reader app for given file. Also would be great to have separate set of settings (zoom level, cropp, ....) for files when viewed landscape and portrait. It would help a lot, I think.

It would be also good to have a look on look of icons (there was a common conception, but as features were added some icons do different tasks than one would expect) and logical placement of icons. (I would make easier to use Onyx for a new user). Also many icons on toolbar of Pdf Reader are very bad visible (black on gray - they need at least white outlines). And icon on toolbar that is switched on should be well visible, now it is sort of gray. Maybe white frame arounr the button would do the job better.

I know there are more important things, but easy to comprehend interface is also important.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:07 PM   #1241
Valec
Valec began at the beginning.

Device: M92
That's very good news, especially about the Cloud services. Thanks, Booxtor!

Also, I would like to draw attention to the old problem, with invisible horizontal/vertical lines when merging scribbles to pdf!
Valec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:32 PM   #1242
Manolo
Addict
Manolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo AuraH2O & Onyx i62HD & M92
Quote:

4. redesign UI
5. improve browser

Thanks.
In 4 I suggest bigger UI elements for i62 as current ones are too small
In 6 I would be happy if Coolreader and Fbreader are updated too and not only Pdfreader
Manolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:31 PM   #1243
PF4Mobile
Guru
PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Touch, EEE 800 Note, Entourage PE, finally M92
Quote:
It will take some weeks. Currently we got stuck by porting Android to current hardware. It is really a hard nut becaues of lack of hardware unit for graphics acceleration. Current results are not fully satisfactory. We are thinking about to make this project open source.

4. redesign UI
5. improve browser

Thanks for the clarifications Booxtor.
Are there any chances they would consider a bigger screen for the Onyx devices? I am thinking about something that would really fit the size of an A4/Letter format which would probably have a lot of demand if it is coupled with a pressure sensitive Wacom pen.

Have they ever considered this?
I wonder why nobody goes above this 10" size.
In my opinion it is about the time that the cost for the now classic 10" e-ink ereder go down as the vendors have recaptured their costs with the development of this technology. It should also be about the time for new screen sizes to reach the market. I know that this ids possible. E-ink was saying that the size is not a problem for them

http://www.eink.com/concept_showcase...h_reader.html#

Last edited by PF4Mobile; 01-29-2013 at 03:37 AM.
PF4Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:10 AM   #1244
zaytsev
zaytsev began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad 2nd Edition
Yeah, I would gladly trade my M92 for a reader with 12'' or 13'' screen.
zaytsev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:55 AM   #1245
Read&Write
Enthusiast
Read&Write has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Onyx M92
Same here. Although the M92 ist quite expensive, it is still rather cheap if you consider it a tool, not a toy. For the same functionality and a 13" screen, I would gladly pay up to 300€ more only for the bigger screen.

But keep in mind that the quantity of M92s produced is small once you compare it to the other brands, especially the Kindle. The M92 serves mainly customers who use it as a tool. If they "split" the market further by offering a 13" screen model, the quantity of produced M92 and the bigger device will be lower then the quantity of M92s prduced nowadays. In the end, that might prove risky for the producer since the lower the quantity produced, the higher the cost per unit produced.
Read&Write is offline   Reply With Quote