Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 11-11-2015, 03:01 PM   #1
Camelot
Connoisseur
Camelot began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
[Solved] Linux: FlightCrew Plugin don't works with 0.9.0

Hi, today i update Sigil from my Debian/sid repo to 0.9.0.

I notice, Sigil has nothing validator
Now i install FlightCrew as plugin, but not working.

When click on start:
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/sigil/plugin_launchers/python/launcher.py", line 301, in <module>

sys.exit(main())
  File "/usr/share/sigil/plugin_launchers/python/launcher.py", line 262, in main
    bc = ValidationContainer(rk)
  File "/usr/share/sigil/plugin_launchers/python/validationcontainer.py", line 42, in __init__
    super(ValidationContainer, self).__init__(wrapper, debug)
  File "/usr/share/sigil/plugin_launchers/python/outputcontainer.py", line 45, in __init__
    self.hspell=HunspellChecker(wrapper.get_hunspell_path())
  File "/usr/share/sigil/plugin_launchers/python/pluginhunspell.py", line 41, in __init__
    self.hunspell.Hunspell_create.restype = POINTER(c_int)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/ctypes/__init__.py", line 378, in __getattr__
    func = self.__getitem__(name)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/ctypes/__init__.py", line 383, in __getitem__
    func = self._FuncPtr((name_or_ordinal, self))
AttributeError: /usr/bin/python2: undefined symbol: Hunspell_create
With Sigil 0.8.7 from Debian/testing no Problem/no error with the FlightCrew Plugin.

python2.7: 2.7.10-5
python3.4: 3.4.3-7
libtcl8.6: 8.6.4

Please help.

Last edited by Camelot; 11-17-2015 at 11:44 AM.
Camelot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 03:49 PM   #2
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Make sure you check "use Bundled Python" in Preferences/Plugins...that's what did it for me.
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 03:52 PM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I have no idea what what your repo maintainer changed when packaging v0.9.0 for Debian/sid, but I do know that the current Flightcrew plugin works fine when Sigil v0.9.0 is built from source (with either Python2.7 or Python3.4).

And building from source is currently the only "officially" supported method of installing Sigil on Linux. As much as we might like to, we can't really work on bugs that someone else may have introduced. You'll probably need to report this to the Debian/sid repo maintainers.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 03:52 PM   #4
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post
Make sure you check "use Bundled Python" in Preferences/Plugins...that's what did it for me.
That's not an option on Linux.
Old 11-11-2015, 04:03 PM   #5
Camelot
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
As much as we might like to, we can't really work on bugs that someone else may have introduced. You'll probably need to report this to the Debian/sid repo maintainers.
Thanks, i report this bug to Maintainer.
Old 11-11-2015, 05:16 PM   #6
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Judging by the error message, unfortunately, I'm guessing that no plugins are going to run for you.

Looks like maybe they've forgotten to enforce the libhunspell dependency. You could try installing libhunspell-1.3-0 to see if that helps, but that's just a wild guess.
Old 11-11-2015, 10:36 PM   #7
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Runs fine for me on ArchLinux, using sigil-git 0.9.0.r2.g6a465dd-1 compiled from the AUR.
Just plain old Sigil, with SYSTEM_LIBS_REQUIRED and a dependency on hunspell and minizip.

So I agree it is probably the debian packaging at fault, though I don't know what.
I don't know how debian determines dependencies (are linked libraries automatically pulled in) but the *.deb lists libhunspell...

Last edited by eschwartz; 11-11-2015 at 10:42 PM.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 06:27 AM   #8
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

I'm not sure what they've done either, to be honest. I just know that that particular error means that the python plugin framework can't find (or can't load with ctypes.cdll) the libhunspell shared library. Which means the ctypes hunspell interface can't be inialized.

The framework first tries to locate hunspell in the same directory as the Sigil executable (where it's put when the bundled hunspell is built). If that fails, it attempts to locate a system hunspell using ctypes.util.find_library.
Old 11-12-2015, 10:04 AM   #9
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Vanilla python 3.5.0-2 here also.

*Maybe* debian did something amusing with python instead?

Considering it is debian which requested for system libhunspell to be an option with the plugin launcher, it is interesting that their package is the one that won't run a plugin properly.

Last edited by eschwartz; 11-12-2015 at 10:14 AM.
Old 11-12-2015, 10:39 AM   #10
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Hi eschwartz,

Good point but that might be partially my fault. Many packagers may not be users of Sigil and therefore do not have an easy way to test plugin use. I think we shoudl include an official testwithme.zip plugin in the docs and have it exercise the plugin interface and include a sample of what the output should look like so that they can more easily test their build works with plugins.

We have a testme3 plugin that could easily be modified to do that. I will add this to my to-do list.

KevinH
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 10:48 AM   #11
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

That's not a bad idea.

In addition, I have a change I'd like to make to the pluginhunspell.py file so that in the event that the libhunspell shared flibrary can't be found and/or loaded at runtime, it will only affect plugins that actually attempt to USE libhunspell. Other plugins would still be functional.

Does that make sense? Or would it only make plugin troubleshooting more complicated?
Old 11-12-2015, 11:12 AM   #12
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
*Maybe* debian did something amusing with python instead?
Actually, the official debian Sigil 0.9.0 packages (sigil & sigil_data) are only available for the unstable Debian version, "sid." They can't be installed on Debian 8 "jessie" machines. However, if you build Sigil on a Debian 8 machine, it works just fine.

@Camelot: Have a look at DiapDealer's very detailed Linux build instructions and try to build Sigil 0.9.0 from source. (It requires only moderate technical skills.)
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 11:15 AM   #13
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Hi eschwartz,

Good point but that might be partially my fault. Many packagers may not be users of Sigil and therefore do not have an easy way to test plugin use. I think we shoudl include an official testwithme.zip plugin in the docs and have it exercise the plugin interface and include a sample of what the output should look like so that they can more easily test their build works with plugins.

We have a testme3 plugin that could easily be modified to do that. I will add this to my to-do list.

KevinH
That sounds like an excellent idea.
Old 11-12-2015, 11:17 AM   #14
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
Actually, the official debian Sigil 0.9.0 packages (sigil & sigil_data) are only available for the unstable Debian version, "sid." They can't be installed on Debian 8 "jessie" machines. However, if you build Sigil on a Debian 8 machine, it works just fine.
So you're saying it might have something to do with sid.
Whatever it is that debian packagers may or may not be doing.
Old 11-12-2015, 01:11 PM   #15
Camelot
Connoisseur

Thanks for your replies, i reported the bug and downgrade to Sigil 0.8.7.