Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 11-10-2011, 01:08 PM   #286
1611mac
eWanderer
1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iMac,iPad3,iPhone5-Kindle Fire,Touch,PaperWhite
working great on my iPad(1) -
1611mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 03:18 PM   #287
robinson
Zealot
robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

What great news! In the next day or two, I will be officially switching from my venerable iPod Touch 2G to the "new" used iPhone 4 I have.

kyteflyer... I can relate to color combos-- snow on blue sounds good; I tend to go the opposite, colored text on black field at midnight on a moonless dark night! But that's just the reason why the the bookstore linked reading apps need more features, including custom color themes!
robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 05:56 PM   #288
darknessangel
Addict
darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1611mac View Post
working great on my iPad(1) -
Also iPad one here, but iOS 4.3.3 jailbroken and keeps crashing. You're running 5 or am I chanting the wrong spell? =/
darknessangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 06:18 PM   #289
seajewel
Fanatic
seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-950
I can't get it to work on iphone 4 with 4.3 installed. I tried deleting and reinstalling Stanza.
seajewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 08:09 PM   #290
darknessangel
Addict
darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, iPad
Word of warning... Doesn't work with 4.3. At least in my case I had to delete the app and restore from my computer (which equalled to a book burning of my library)
darknessangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 11:38 PM   #291
1611mac
eWanderer
1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iMac,iPad3,iPhone5-Kindle Fire,Touch,PaperWhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by darknessangel View Post
Also iPad one here, but iOS 4.3.3 jailbroken and keeps crashing. You're running 5 or am I chanting the wrong spell? =/
Yep, I'm on 5
1611mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 12:24 AM   #292
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
If you're on 4.3 and dont want to upgrade, go into your mobile applications folder (its under music/itunes, not sure about windows but it ought to be same/similar) and simply reinstall (double click on) the older 3.1 version. Itunes will complain that what you are installing is an older one, just tell it OK and go ahead. If it doesnt work, I would be both surprised and miffed if I were you, because that was how I used to do it a couple of years ago. newer isnt always better
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 12:51 AM   #293
Micah
Bluefire Reader dude
Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad
I'm on iOS 4.3.5 and Stanza update just quits when trying to launch. Booo.
Micah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 03:14 AM   #294
Wyndham
Connoisseur
Wyndham has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Wyndham has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Wyndham has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPad Air 2 (iOS 9), iPhone 6 (iOS 9)
Please help define the Stanza replacement on this forum for MegaReader.

As far as I can tell, the developer for MegaReader is the only one out of all the eBook Readers for the iIPhone, that is actively working on updating the app and, he is going out of his way to find out what people want.

You can vote for your preferences or add new ones. Just visit http://megareader.uservoice.com/foru...neral-feedback
Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 03:50 AM   #295
seajewel
Fanatic
seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyndham View Post
Please help define the Stanza replacement on this forum for MegaReader.

As far as I can tell, the developer for MegaReader is the only one out of all the eBook Readers for the iIPhone, that is actively working on updating the app and, he is going out of his way to find out what people want.

You can vote for your preferences or add new ones. Just visit http://megareader.uservoice.com/foru...neral-feedback
Personally I find Bluefire reader app's developer more easy to approach, as he frequently posts on this forum. So.. I would disagree with the bolded statement above.

Unless you're referring to the fact that there hasn't been a recent update for Bluefire, despite Micah's presence on this board. Either way, if Bluefire would quit crashing on me, it is a much higher contender than MegaReader simply because it shows italics and bolding. I do find the page turns slower than Stanza though.. Stanza just works, and nothing else I've tried is like that.
seajewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 05:38 AM   #296
Nexutix
Reading and reading
Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Infibeam Pi, iPod Touch 4G, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 2, Oneplus One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micah View Post
I'm on iOS 4.3.5 and Stanza update just quits when trying to launch. Booo.
Damn right. I just "Report a concern"ed on iTunes. It was dead as old, now it dies young.
Nexutix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 07:32 AM   #297
Philantrop
Addict
Philantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kindles (e-ink)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexutix View Post
Damn right. I just "Report a concern"ed on iTunes. It was dead as old, now it dies young. ;)
You reported a concern because you didn't update to iOS5?
Philantrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 08:13 AM   #298
ozron
Groupie
ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, iPad, iPhone
I've done a quick test on my iPhone 4 and iPad 1 and the latest version 3.2 worked fine for me under IOS 5. So that's a very nice surprise that after all this time they still appear to be supporting Stanza.

However I have noticed one omission. Under "Get Books", the option to download your books directly from your Fictionwise library is gone. I'm sure that used to be in the old version. Can someone running 3.1 on < IOS 5 confirm? I suppose though you can always load via iTunes.
ozron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 11:06 AM   #299
Nexutix
Reading and reading
Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Infibeam Pi, iPod Touch 4G, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 2, Oneplus One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philantrop View Post
You reported a concern because you didn't update to iOS5?
As the app says "Requires iOS 3.0 or later."; it is completely fair to report a concern. I don't want to update because... and because...
Nexutix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 11:21 AM   #300
Philantrop
Addict
Philantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kindles (e-ink)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexutix View Post
As the app says "Requires iOS 3.0 or later."; it is completely fair to report a concern. I don't want to update because... and because...
Firstly, as you can read in those threads, the "slowness" issues seem to have been resolved in 5.0.1.

Secondly, while you may technically be right about your complaint being "fair", I think it's pretty much nit-picking.

Thirdly, I think it's not exactly helpful (to put it very, very nicely) to draw such unhelpful attention to a product that Amazon is more likely to withdraw completely from the AppStore than to work on.

Personally, I think we should be really happy that Stanza is now iOS5-compatible and use its remaining lifespan to encourage competitors to surpass or at least get on par with Stanza in terms of features. Complaining about it might prove to be counter-productive or, ultimately, even terminally disruptive. I for one would hate that.
Philantrop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bluefire, ios, stanza