Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 10-30-2009, 11:38 AM   #1
Rootman
Groupie
Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Android & FBReader
Recomendations of One Year Bible

I have been searching for a eBook formatted Bible that is formatted for reading in one year. Hopefully something that is just divided up into 365 "chapters" that can be read each day.

I prefer epub format and a mix of OT and NT and maybe KJV but near any translation is OK.
Rootman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 11:47 AM   #2
ivon
ivon began at the beginning.

Device: i have just ordered an Ebookwise 1150 on ebay and awaiting delivery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rootman View Post
I have been searching for a eBook formatted Bible that is formatted for reading in one year. Hopefully something that is just divided up into 365 "chapters" that can be read each day.

I prefer epub format and a mix of OT and NT and maybe KJV but near any translation is OK.
dear friend,
let me also know if you get one, i am also keen to read bible this way.
ivon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2009, 11:58 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
How can you follow the story if you're jumping around all over the place from day to day? Seems like a very strange way to read a book. You need to read it "in order", because a lot of the later events don't make sense unless you've read about the earlier things that caused them.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 07:24 PM   #4
Rootman
Groupie
Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Well it's not quite what I wanted but will do for now.

"Read the Bible in 90 days", NIV version.

http://www.zondervan.com/Cultures/en...Site=Zondervan
Old 10-31-2009, 02:02 AM   #5
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rootman View Post

I think you'll find that if you read three chapters a day and five on Sunday (of any translation) you'll get through the Bible in just less than a year. I did that several times when I was young.

Regards, Alex
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2009, 09:35 PM   #6
Rootman
Groupie

HarryT: It is somewhat more interesting to read from both the OT and NT in a day, especially in the somewhat drier portions of the OT.

Alex: Yes I am aware of that but it is more evenly distributed when divided by some well thought out plan rather than just the three chapters a day. Some days might take minutes others quite a long time.

I've found the about Bible in 90 days I mention above to be quite nice and since it is read in quite a bit faster rate should void the long dry periods for to awful much