Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 09-08-2008, 09:02 AM   #1
pepak
Guru
pepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T3, Kobo Libra H2O
Strange issue with media.xml

I am writing myself an application for creating collections, and I have enountered a strange problem:

I need to fill in the 'date' attribute of <xs1:text> tag:

Code:
<xs1:text ... date="Wed, 03 Sep 2008 16:57:34 GMT" />
The date used is, curiously enough, file creation date rather than file modification date, but I can deal with that. The strange thing is that as far as file management utilities and Windows API in general, the file for the above example has a creation date of "03 Sep 2008 17:57:34" - which would be more or less correct since I am in a GMT+1 timezone. But: How does the Reader know that my timezone is +1? It can't be getting that information from its filesystem since it uses FAT and FAT does not store timezone.

I need to know because if I keep the date at the value I read from the filesystem, the Reader will think the file got changed and will rebuild the cache for it. I need it to accept the modifications I did to media.xml, and that means I need to set the correct date - which is different than the date in filesystem.

Any ideas?
pepak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 09:17 AM   #2
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
There is a packet eBook Library sends to the Reader when it connects. It contains the PC's current time and timezone. Reader stores it in a local file.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2008, 09:42 AM   #3
pepak
Guru
pepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T3, Kobo Libra H2O
Ah. That would explain how the reader knew about the timezone - I did run the Library once.

OK, I can handle that.
pepak is offline   Reply With Quote