Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 12-20-2017, 09:06 PM   #1
ebok
ebok began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Converting epubs with alignment change disables spacing adjustments, any workaround?

I prefer left aligned books and I just noticed that it disables the spacing adjustment on the book. The epub I have by default is justified and I cannot change it from the reader controls so I convert it to force the left alignment.
ebok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 09:53 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
WHat do you mean by spacing adjustment?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2017, 12:25 AM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebok View Post
I prefer left aligned books and I just noticed that it disables the spacing adjustment on the book. The epub I have by default is justified and I cannot change it from the reader controls so I convert it to force the left alignment.
Do you mean the lines spacing in the reader font settings on your Aura ONE? I don't see that problem here. If I set left justified, the line spacing change still works.

The usual situation where changing the line spacing doesn't work on the Kobo devices is because an absolute line height is used in the book. Removing these, or changing them to a relative unit, usually works on the device.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 04:51 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebok View Post
If the eBook has no DRM, use the Calibre Editor to change all instances of text-align: justify to text-align: left in the CSS. It's actually simpler than a conversion because you can do it in a simple search/replace.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote