Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 01-12-2011, 11:11 AM   #61
williemeikle
Are the stars right yet?
williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
More reflections on Berserker - my Vikings vs Yeti novel
http://williammeikle.blogspot.com/20...s-vs-yeti.html

If you post a comment on the post between now and the end of February you'll be entered in a draw to win a free Kindle loaded with all the books I have published with Generation Next Publications
williemeikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 11:47 AM   #62
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Special price for one day only on Naperville White House, arranged with publisher, details in this blog post.

So, how do others (preferably non-blog writers, if any actually read this thread), feel about a special pricing on a book being buried in this thread that no-one reads?
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 01:18 PM   #63
Dodge
Sparks fly off my pages!
Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Gave BookBarista a twitter account today. Looking to draw in more traffic. Please follow if you're feeling sheepish, curious, or just plain interested

On another note, authors have began to reserve their advertising spot for the BookBarista homepage for their book covers (month of February). So get your reservation in asap

Last edited by Dodge; 01-12-2011 at 02:26 PM.
Dodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 12:14 PM   #64
Kindle Worm
Enthusiast
Kindle Worm writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Kindle Worm writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Kindle Worm writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Kindle Worm writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Kindle Worm writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Kindle Worm writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Kindle Worm writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Kindle Worm writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Kindle Worm writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Kindle Worm writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Kindle Worm writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

New Amatuer Kindle Blog

So, being as caught up and interested in the Kindle as I am, I decided to start a blog about the Kindles, thier products, and ebooks in general. If anyone is interested its
http://kindle-books-review.blogspot.com.

I'm open to constuctive critacism!
Kindle Worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 12:16 PM   #65
hannahmac
hannahmac can self-interpret dreams as they happen.hannahmac can self-interpret dreams as they happen.hannahmac can self-interpret dreams as they happen.hannahmac can self-interpret dreams as they happen.hannahmac can self-interpret dreams as they happen.hannahmac can self-interpret dreams as they happen.hannahmac can self-interpret dreams as they happen.hannahmac can self-interpret dreams as they happen.hannahmac can self-interpret dreams as they happen.hannahmac can self-interpret dreams as they happen.hannahmac can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

how important is research to an author?

I found and posted to my blog a great article on why authors need to do their research and use it properly in their books. Stop by and check it out.

www.erinleighkern.blogspot.com

Erin Kern
author of Looking For Trouble
hannahmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 09:48 PM   #66
Manley Peterson
Author of Bloated Goat
Manley Peterson rocks like Gibraltar!Manley Peterson rocks like Gibraltar!Manley Peterson rocks like Gibraltar!Manley Peterson rocks like Gibraltar!Manley Peterson rocks like Gibraltar!Manley Peterson rocks like Gibraltar!Manley Peterson rocks like Gibraltar!Manley Peterson rocks like Gibraltar!Manley Peterson rocks like Gibraltar!Manley Peterson rocks like Gibraltar!Manley Peterson rocks like Gibraltar!

I have launched my new website/blog which you can find here: Manley's Bookshelf.

You'll be able to find out more information regarding Bloated Goat and other books I am writing. Hope you'll check it out.
Manley Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 08:07 AM   #67
williemeikle
Are the stars right yet?
williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Two guest blogs today

A short stagger takes me to Daniel Pyle's place to waffle about anthologies I'd like to write for
http://www.danielpyle.com/Daniel_Pyl...am_Meikle.html

Also guest blogging with the vamp community today, (and some young ladies in corsets)
http://fang-tasticbooks.blogspot.com...th-author.html
williemeikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 12:47 PM   #68
Kindle Worm
Enthusiast
Kindle Worm writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Kindle Worm writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Kindle Worm writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Kindle Worm writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Kindle Worm writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Kindle Worm writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Kindle Worm writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Kindle Worm writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Kindle Worm writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Kindle Worm writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Kindle Worm writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

New blog updates available! I have updated my Wheel of Time review and done a short review on The Belgariad by David Eddings.

http://kindle-books-review.blogspot.com/

Check them out!
Kindle Worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 09:21 PM   #69
mish
Addict
mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, Kindle 2
Indie Paranormal Book Reviews

Latest reviews:
-Jenny Pox by JL Bryan (with short Q&A) 5 stars!
-The Second Half of Life by Sionna Cailey 3 stars

I Heart Indie Books Reading Challenge
Challenge yourself to read some indie books or read more if you already do!
mish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 07:37 AM   #70
greencat
Freebie finder
greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony, Kindle
Giveaway: 5 copies of Jimmy Stone's Ghost Town:
http://ereader-freebies.blogspot.com...-of-jimmy.html
greencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 03:03 PM   #71
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Just posted my 19th Smashwords book review: Travels in Ghana by Marie McCarthy. Enjoy!
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 03:44 PM   #72
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
My two latest reviews, both great books written by MR members!

Check them out:

"The Quest for Nobility"

"The Girl Who Ran With Horses"

Also, the last few days to enter the giveaway for "Jimmy Stone's Ghost Town!"

I see there was posted another giveaway for the same book, so enter them both and double your chances of winning!
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 01:22 PM   #73
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindle Worm View Post
So, being as caught up and interested in the Kindle as I am, I decided to start a blog about the Kindles, thier products, and ebooks in general. If anyone is interested its
http://kindle-books-review.blogspot.com.

I'm open to constuctive critacism!
You'll want to change the name, before Amazon's trademark attorneys find it.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 02:42 PM   #74
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindle Worm View Post
New blog updates available! I have updated my Wheel of Time review and done a short review on The Belgariad by David Eddings.

http://kindle-books-review.blogspot.com/

Check them out!
Besides Karen's comment, I'm guessing you didn't meant "mobilereader.com" in this post... I'm assuming you meant this site, mobileread.com?
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 02:47 PM   #75
Dodge
Sparks fly off my pages!
Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well things sure have picked up. We are getting more traffic/posters. Please feel free to post your book or book related items with BookBarista. It's a free service

Last night we had 50 ads. When I woke up we had 136 - quite a jump. Smashwords mentioned some places to post books and we made the list. Boy does that ever help.

Now we need to keep it going. Share your thoughts with us if you have any.
Dodge is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
100-words, acupuncture, altsheler, amazon, anthology, apple, apple ibookstore, auotbiography famous, author promotion, authors, automated processing, automatic conversion, bible, blog, blogs, book club, book reviewers, book tour, books, bookscanner, calibre, camera, charity, cheap ebooks, chinese medicine, christmas, contest, creative commons, creepy, crime, crime fiction, crowdfunding, deals, deskew, devotional, digitize, discount, drabble, e-book week, e-books, ebook, ebook conversion, ebooks, encouragement, epic kindle giveaway, epub, epub fire, epub kindle fire, epub3, ereader apps, exchange, fantasy ebooks, fiction authors, followers, forecast, foreign markets, formatting, free, free books, free e-books, free e-reader, free ebooks, free kindle books, free kindle fire, freeebooks, giveaway, giveaways, horror, horror ebook, ibooks, ibookstore, idevices, indie, indie author, indies, inscriptions, inspiration, inspirational, international, interview, japan, kindle, kindle fire, libraries, library rental, marketing, martial arts, marvin, micro fiction, murder mystery, new crime novel, no drm, opds, parsina press, pdf, prague, prayer, promote, promotion, promotions, publishing, rdlecoeur, read an ebook week, reader, reading list, review, reviewers, richard stephenson, rita toews, rss, sale, scary stories, science fiction, science fiction ebooks, self-publishing, serial mystery, short stories, smashwords, stephen goldin, steven lyle jordan, story, storybundle, submissions, suspense, thriller, tips, tools, translation, translators, unwarp, weather, web, website, writer, writers, writing