Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > BBeB/LRF Books

Notices

Old 07-12-2007, 05:45 PM   #1
bookbinder
Connoisseur
bookbinder has learned how to read e-booksbookbinder has learned how to read e-booksbookbinder has learned how to read e-booksbookbinder has learned how to read e-booksbookbinder has learned how to read e-booksbookbinder has learned how to read e-booksbookbinder has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, FW:5.6.1
Lang, Andrew: Adventures Among Books, 13 July 2007

"One good thing, if no more, these memories may accomplish. Young men, especially in America, write to me and ask me to recommend 'a course of reading.' Distrust a course of reading! People who really care for books read all of them. There is no other course. Let this be a reply."

With chapters on Homer, St. Augustine, Robert Louis Stevenson, and others.

The files has been updated based on HarryT's helpful comments.
It includes the updated lrf file, as well as the html0 file in case one would like to make some more changes.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: lrf Andrew Lang - Adventures among Books.lrf (295.3 KB, 978 views)
File Type: rar Andrew Lang - Adventures among Books.rar (215.7 KB, 884 views)

Last edited by bookbinder; 07-14-2007 at 09:09 AM. Reason: updating attachment
bookbinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 06:11 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Very nicely created book. Do you mind a few hopefully helpful suggestions?

1. The "descenders" on the title page are truncated. What I do to fix this is to add an additional line with some "centred" text on it immediately below the title, then delete the text but leave the (blank) centred line. This forces the Reader to add an extra blank line and you get the descenders shown correctly.

2. Your "Ch 1" is not showing up as a separate chapter. Its name doesn't appear in the page footer, nor is it is in the TOC. Try adding a manual page break after to "Preface" - this will probably fix it. There's a minimum length for a chapter below which BD doesn't treat a title as a new chapter.

3. Do you think that the page header adds anything to the book? I just think it's a waste of space, personally. Fine if you like it, obviously .

Anyway, as I say, it's a very nicely done book. Well done!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 09:08 AM   #3
bookbinder
Connoisseur
bookbinder has learned how to read e-booksbookbinder has learned how to read e-booksbookbinder has learned how to read e-booksbookbinder has learned how to read e-booksbookbinder has learned how to read e-booksbookbinder has learned how to read e-booksbookbinder has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, FW:5.6.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Very nicely created book. Do you mind a few hopefully helpful suggestions?

1. The "descenders" on the title page are truncated. What I do to fix this is to add an additional line with some "centred" text on it immediately below the title, then delete the text but leave the (blank) centred line. This forces the Reader to add an extra blank line and you get the descenders shown correctly.

2. Your "Ch 1" is not showing up as a separate chapter. Its name doesn't appear in the page footer, nor is it is in the TOC. Try adding a manual page break after to "Preface" - this will probably fix it. There's a minimum length for a chapter below which BD doesn't treat a title as a new chapter.

3. Do you think that the page header adds anything to the book? I just think it's a waste of space, personally. Fine if you like it, obviously .

Anyway, as I say, it's a very nicely done book. Well done!
Harry,
I appreciate your suggestions, and I'll make the improvements. As for the page header, I prefer to have it since I'm usually reading several books at a time and I like the visual reference.
bookbinder is offline   Reply With Quote