Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-15-2009, 02:25 PM   #1
Sonist
Apeist
Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Generic virtual reality story-experiential device
Kindle v.2 Problems with MOBI TOC from Gutenberg.org

I just downloaded a couple of books from gutenberg.org, in MOBI format.

Everything looks good, except that when you try to navigate to the TOC, it highlights the whole TOC, and it doesn't let you select individual TOC items.

Not sure if hyperlinks (such as footnotes) would work either.

Anyone else experiencing this?
Sonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 02:46 PM   #2
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
I haven't been too impressed with the .mobi files from Gutenberg. Did you look on mobileread (here), manybooks.net or feedbooks.com to see if they have the book in .mobi format? It might work better.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2009, 04:34 PM   #3
Sonist
Apeist
Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Generic virtual reality story-experiential device
No, not available here.

The first one was Cuore (Heart) by Edmondo De Amicis (which I had started correcting about a month ago, but guttenberg beat me to it (thankfully :-))

The other was De vita Caesarum by Gaius Suetonius Tranquillus.

Hopefully gotenberg.org will fix this soon.

Does anyone have workarounds for TOC and hyperlinks now? I was going to try EPUB and convert (HTML did not work for me.)
Sonist is offline   Reply With Quote