Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-30-2012, 08:45 AM   #1
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Anne McCaffrey's "Dragon" books available in the UK from 31st July

Don't know if this is of interest to anyone else, but Anne McCaffrey's "Dragon" books will finally be available as eBooks in the UK from tomorrow (31st July). Looks as if the entire series is being released. Average price is £5-6, which seems reasonable enough.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 10:36 AM   #2
ballfresno
Addict
ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (Sage, Aura One, Aura HD, & Touch); reMarkable tablet.
Thanks for the heads-up. Any specific seller or all?
ballfresno is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-30-2012, 10:44 AM   #3
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
Are they doing the Harperhall trilogy too?
I haven't seen Dragonsong or Dragonsinger in the US, Albeit I also havent checked in a while.

I made scans that didn't OCR well and I would rather buy a new set then edit them (except I might swap out the covers I made)
Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 11:02 AM   #4
MikeB1972
Gnu
MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook,JetBook Lite,PRS-300-350-505-650,+ran out of space to type
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phogg View Post
I haven't seen Dragonsong or Dragonsinger in the US, Albeit I also havent checked in a while.

I made scans that didn't OCR well and I would rather buy a new set then edit them (except I might swap out the covers I made)
Yep, looks like her entire backlist will be out with this (Planet Pirates/Brainships from Baen).

Except for Dragondrums for some reason (OK there may be others but you asked about the Harper Hall Trilogy).
MikeB1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 11:02 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

Yes, "Dragonsinger", "Dragonsong" and "The Harper of Pern" are all there.
Advert
Old 07-30-2012, 11:03 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballfresno View Post
Thanks for the heads-up. Any specific seller or all?
I saw them on Amazon, but I would imagine they'll be on all the usual sites.
Old 07-30-2012, 11:03 AM   #7
Valhalla
Zealot
Valhalla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valhalla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valhalla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valhalla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valhalla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valhalla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valhalla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valhalla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valhalla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valhalla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valhalla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Yes - it looks like the complete series will be released along with a whole pile of other Mccaffrey titles.
Valhalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 12:06 PM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeB1972 View Post
Yep, looks like her entire backlist will be out with this (Planet Pirates/Brainships from Baen).

Except for Dragondrums for some reason (OK there may be others but you asked about the Harper Hall Trilogy).
"Dragondrums" is there, too:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dragondrums-.../dp/B008PU9IGO

It's my birthday on Wednesday. Looks as if I'll have to buy myself a few presents .
Old 07-30-2012, 02:46 PM   #9
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, 1825PT, Galaxy Tab, One X, TF700T, Aura HD, Nexus 7
Also look at Books on Board, I've got 14 of them on pre-order there (ordered them at the beginning of July) with 4 already bought.

I forgot all about mentioning them here, I'll have to remember in the future.

Prices seem to range from aroud £3.75 - £5.09.
ghostyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 02:51 PM   #10
Buran
Geek
Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis Waterproof 32GB 3G (without offers)
For some reason, the Harper Hall books aren't in ebook form on US Amazon; I wish I knew why. Dragonsinger is a longtime favorite of mine.
Buran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 05:35 PM   #11
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
I am really hoping this means that the US will get the Harper Hall trilogy soon!
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 01:03 AM   #12
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by graycyn View Post
I am really hoping this means that the US will get the Harper Hall trilogy soon!
There's no connection between the two, I suspect. The books have different US and UK publishers.
Old 07-31-2012, 12:51 PM   #13
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
There's no connection between the two, I suspect. The books have different US and UK publishers.
Geo-restrictions for once hitting us in the US... I now have even more sympathy.
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 01:22 PM   #14
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostyjack View Post
Also look at Books on Board, I've got 14 of them on pre-order there (ordered them at the beginning of July) with 4 already bought.
Off-topic but thanks for mentioning Books on Board. I hadn't heard of them before but just bought the Robert Enke book A Life Too Short from there after finding it was £1.50 cheaper than Amazon.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 06:01 PM   #15
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, 1825PT, Galaxy Tab, One X, TF700T, Aura HD, Nexus 7
It's a good site as can have books that are not available from some other UK stores.

Back on topic: They have just put a shed-load more of McCaffrey books on there. The Catteni Series, Petaybee, The Crystal Singer, Doona, Pegasus Series, Tower and the Hive Series, her young fantasy books, her romance books and her novels.

Not all the series are complete yet, they don't for example have Lyon's Pride from the Tower and the Hive series, but they have the others. This should all clear up over time.

Plus all her books are eligible for cashback.
ghostyjack is offline   Reply With Quote