Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-29-2010, 03:50 PM   #1
dima_tr
Groupie
dima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-books

Device: Iliad v2, DR800S (inlove)
Building ctb

Can somebody from guru give a hint on how to build the ctb package? I made the configure happy with the needed libraries (liber***) by copying their includes into poky/include folder. But then - have no idea ... Automake, autoconfigure, other things?

The main idea is to get a nice label for .desktop files back. In version 1.0 the label was a combination of Name and Comment field. Now in 2.0 RC2 it is a combination of filename and Name ..

Managed to find the place in the code, so this feature is introduced intentionally .. If I can comment out filemodel.c:1831 and filemodel.c:1853 I would (hopefully) get the old good Name+Comment back.

Code:
  if (g_viewmode2 == DIR_VIEW) return ...
Many thanks to all responding ones!
dima_tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 04:21 PM   #2
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
I have not tried yet with the new sources. It is strange that you need to copy anything into the poky/include directory. Did you copy the poky SDK from the iRex website? Also read iOn Development Environment.pdf carefully on how to set your environment.
W.r.t. you idea with the desktop files, I fully agree, the current situation is very strange, it is also on my todo list.
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2010, 04:33 PM   #3
dima_tr
Groupie
dima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-books

Yes, copied SDK from the iRex site. No, have not read the pdf .. Did not change initial SDK for it was fully sufficient for building simple independent programs like mc, xlsfont etc. CTB package depends on several iRex libraries so their headers should be discoverable for configure. An easy way was to copy the headers into /usr/local/poky/eabi-glibc/arm/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/include/liber***
Old 06-29-2010, 06:34 PM   #4
dima_tr
Groupie

Ah, now I remember I assumed the libraries liber*** were used as dynamic ones (brave, isn't it?) and so I did not need to compile and install them. Thus, I assumed further, for building ctb binary it would be sufficient to make .h files discoverable.

Anyways, I'm stuck because of not knowing how to make the things a correct way. Is it true I should first call autoconfigure in the package folder and then .configure etc? At least configure.ac hints this. But then on "autoconfigure --add-missing" I get smth like ... AC_PROG_INTLTOOL not found ... I do have intltool installed.

Having Makefile.am makes me suspect I'd need to use automake.

Sooo, to stop this mess in my steps is the ultimate goal of the question. Please excuse a java/C developer
Old 06-30-2010, 02:09 AM   #5
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Configure needs the following parameters (at least for R1.7.1):
Code:
./configure --host=arm-poky-linux-gnueabi --sysconfdir=/etc --prefix=/usr
Before calling configure, you need to run intltool!
Advert
Old 06-30-2010, 03:48 AM   #6
dima_tr
Groupie

That was it, intltool-prepare.
I put this line into build_all_from_scratch.sh (see hello-world example), and voila, no questions at all. Apparently I was right not compiling liber*** libraries but using only their headers. Thank you!

BTW, commenting out the two mentioned lines in filemodel.c helps, now the labels for .desktop files are back to the expected ones I attach the binary compiled for dr800s.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ctb.zip (40.4 KB, 384 views)

Last edited by dima_tr; 06-30-2010 at 04:11 AM.
Old 06-30-2010, 04:47 AM   #7
Mackx
Guru

Now the next step is to show the icon of the original file for shortcuts