Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 05-20-2010, 06:30 PM   #1
Ed_ODell
Ed_ODell can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ed_ODell can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ed_ODell can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ed_ODell can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ed_ODell can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ed_ODell can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ed_ODell can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ed_ODell can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ed_ODell can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ed_ODell can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ed_ODell can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: none
Powerful, Compelling "Three Minutes More" now available at Smashwords for $1.49!

http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/11544

Laugh. Cry. Get Angry. Cheer. Reflect.

Ed O'Dell
Three Minutes More

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 05-29-2010 at 09:13 PM. Reason: OP requested Title change
Ed_ODell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 07:44 PM   #2
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Seriously? A one-hour sale? On an international forum....
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 11:20 PM   #3
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
I laughed when I saw I could get a free ebook, but cried when I realized that I missed the 1 hour window. That made me mad. Then I had to yell "hurray!" because at least I don't have yet another book backlogged in my "to read" list. Then I sat back and thought about life.
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 02:49 AM   #4
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 05:42 PM   #5
Ed_ODell
Ed_ODell can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ed_ODell can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ed_ODell can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ed_ODell can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ed_ODell can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ed_ODell can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ed_ODell can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ed_ODell can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ed_ODell can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ed_ODell can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ed_ODell can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Powerful, Compelling "Three Minutes More!"

All,

My first promotion was simply meant to gauge interest. I'm very pleased with the response from the "1 hour only" post. I'm even more pleased to learn that the number of sales Vs. the number of "page views" (during the promotion) wasn't close to 100%, meaning the gentle readers weren't collecting it solely for collection's sake. It's a powerful story, and I'm hopeful it will not fall to the bottoms of seemingly endless TBR piles.

Many thanks to all for bearing with me here. This likely will be my only work, and I'm still learning about promoting and marketing. Preliminary results being what they were, look for my next post to contain a coupon for a longer promotion period.

Respectfully,

Ed O'Dell
Three Minutes More

Last edited by Ed_ODell; 05-22-2010 at 08:33 PM.
Old 05-23-2010, 11:05 AM   #6
AbFabGab
Gadget-Luster
AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
I read this last night.
Still not sure how I feel about the ending.

This story moves quickly and is well written.

I'm sorry to hear there will likely be no more from
this author...
AbFabGab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 11:32 AM   #7
Ed_ODell

"Three Minutes More" Free on Smashwords for a Limited Time!

"This is how you should feel after reading a book. It's perfect, appalling, heart-breaking, disgusting, raw. If I could I would give this author a standing ovation" - The Book Journal.

Three Minutes More is a compelling, powerful and sometimes alarming novel. Set in mid '70's Appalachia, it is an astonishing story as told by eleven year old Michael Steven.

Michael's already troubled young life has taken a sudden, dramatic turn. Severely injured, he will need a miracle if he is to survive the night.

Reflecting on the evening's horrific events, wondering if could have altered them in any way, his thoughts begin to drift. Before long, he is contemplating his remarkable life, his dysfunctional family, and the possibility that he may have to soon answer for his life to God.

In recalling some of the most amusing, bizarre, distressing and disturbing times of his life, he comes to understand "the monster you know is easier to deal with than the monster you don't."

Will he get the miracle he needs, and make it until morning? If he does make it, will he finally find peace?

His life a seemingly endless paradox, Mike has been hardened, having endured many unsettling experiences, yet still views the world through the eyes of an innocent eleven year old.

Laugh. Cry. Get Angry. Cheer. Reflect.

If after reading this you feel compelled to review, please feel free to do so on your favorite e-reader's site. As you are aware, we Indies can use all the reviews we can get.

Thank you for taking time to learn Mike's story.

Respectfully,

Ed O'Dell

Last edited by Ed_ODell; 05-25-2010 at 01:37 AM. Reason: Coupon expired - removed from post
Old 05-24-2010, 04:12 AM   #8
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Hi Ed

Thanks for making your book available for free... I have just downloaded it with the coupon supplied, and looking forward to reading it...

Oh.. and welcome to MobileRead...
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 08:39 AM   #9
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post

I agree: It seems somewhat strange, as well as self-defeating, especially on an international forum with different time zones and different days of the week.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 12:52 PM   #10
redhead231
Enthusiast
redhead231 doesn't litterredhead231 doesn't litter

Device: PRS 505
Well I too have downloaded & I will review when read. I do make a habit of doing that anyway. Thanks for the coupon.
redhead231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 02:49 PM   #11
Ed_ODell

AbFabGab: Thank you for reading Mike's story. I'm thrilled to have feedback such as yours!

Lene1949: You're very welcome. Please know in advance that it's a heavy read.

redhead231: I look forward to your feedback. Thank you in advance for reading!

Respectfully,

Ed O'Dell

Last edited by Ed_ODell; 05-24-2010 at 03:15 PM.
Old 05-29-2010, 09:14 PM   #12
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Dear Members:

Please note the Title change as requested by the OP.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 09:31 PM   #13
Ed_ODell

"Three Minutes More" Coupon - $1.49 at Smashwords

All,

Please feel free to use the coupon code QU52B! I have committed to running this special for two weeks.

My heartfelt thanks to all in advance for your support, and for taking time to read this powerful story!

Respectfully,

Ed O'Dell
Three Minutes More
Old 06-03-2010, 10:31 PM   #14
Ed_ODell

All,

I want to thank each and every one of the 282 readers who took advantage of the 100% off coupon. I anxiously await your thoughts on the book!

I have decided to extend the $1.49 coupon (code QU52B) through June. I very much hope readers will take advantage of this offer and read Mike's remarkable story!

Respectfully,

Ed O'Dell
Three Minutes More
Old 06-12-2010, 09:33 PM   #15
Ed_ODell

Thoughts on securing reviews?

All,

Since my attempts at groveling have failed miserably, I am forced to try a different approach.

I'm considering offering a complimentary signed paperback copy to a reviewer (selected at random) who posts a review between now and June 30.

Would this be something readers would embrace, or would they be turned off? I'd like to get a consensus before I proceed.

Thanks for your anticipated assistance!

Regards,

Ed O'Dell
Three Minutes More

Tags
abuse, death, god, murder, neglect