Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 12-26-2011, 07:47 PM   #16
milkweed
milkweed began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSpider View Post
Then fire up InDesign and go from there. Either export to ePub or at least to HTML if you have an older version and use Sigil to turn it into an ePub.
thank you I'll give it a try, I'm using CS3

Last edited by milkweed; 12-26-2011 at 07:49 PM.
milkweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 10:37 PM   #17
milkweed
milkweed began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Ok everything I've done, except for the original PDF I created of my eBook, etnds up with the formating completely skewed. With Adobe Indesign CS3 I was able to use Cross Media Export -> HTML -> Digital Editions but the formating is all wrong, the page numbers are a mess, the photos are on pages by themselves, so on and so forth. If I were to try and use this as a how to book I'd be very confused due to how the images landed in comparison to the instructions.

Suggestions please.

Kimberly
milkweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2012, 07:34 PM   #18
Thalia Helikon
Enthusiast
Thalia Helikon figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.Thalia Helikon figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.Thalia Helikon figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.Thalia Helikon figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.Thalia Helikon figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.Thalia Helikon figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.Thalia Helikon figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.Thalia Helikon figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.Thalia Helikon figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.Thalia Helikon figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.Thalia Helikon figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.

Device: Kindle n-T, Nook Color Tablet, Nexus 6
Optical Character Recognition, with graphics, is not so perfect

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkweed View Post
Ok everything I've done, except for the original PDF I created of my eBook, etnds up with the formating completely skewed. With Adobe Indesign CS3 I was able to use Cross Media Export -> HTML -> Digital Editions but the formating is all wrong, the page numbers are a mess, the photos are on pages by themselves, so on and so forth. If I were to try and use this as a how to book I'd be very confused due to how the images landed in comparison to the instructions.
That's how conversion from PDF to text works! PDF to text is not pretty!! With the PDFs I converted by emailing, *** I got scrambled and meaningless text, substitutions of "1" for "I" or seven words merged together with no spaces between the letters. It took me four hours to tediously pick thru the errors in Word with Find and Replace.

Would it be quicker to re-type your help doc? Can you pay a starving student to recreate your document electronically?

*** How to convert PDFs by emailing. Using a google email account, send yourself a PDF attachment. When you receive the attachment, select "View as HTML." Save the text locally thru cutting & pasting. And supposedly Google owns the most sophisticated OCR engine in the world!
Thalia Helikon is offline   Reply With Quote