Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 03-13-2014, 10:44 PM   #751
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by danilo93 View Post
... I wanted to ask you if you could teach me how did you discover this parameters:

-cbox3-o .7,.6,5.6,8.3 -cbox1,2-e 2.3,.5,6,8.5

?

How did you calculated crop boxes, or margins for these 6 pages? Can you teach me how to do it myself? Also, I would like to learn how to write this -cbox command from above. Can you explain it, pls?
@Danilo93 -- As I said in an earlier post, the -cbox option is fully explained on my command-line options page, but I'll give some examples below. I figured out the crop dimensions for your file using some of my own tools, but you could fairly easily figure it out by adding -mode crop to the "Additional Options" box and then iteratively trying different values for the crop box and clicking the Preview button after each change. (The -mode crop will cause the preview to show you the exact cropped regions). Not nearly as easy as Briss, but that's as good as I can offer.

The syntax of -cbox is -cbox<pages> <top>,<left>,<width>,<height>

So, for example,

-cbox2-10e 3,4,5,7

... will apply the crop box to pages 2 through 10 on even pages only (the 'e' means even pages only), and the crop box will start 3 inches from the left side of the source page, 4 inches from the top of the source page, and be 5 inches wide x 7 inches high. If you prefer to use fractions of the source page size, you can put an 's' after each dimension, e.g.

-cbox 0.1s,0.12s,0.8s,0.75s

... will apply a crop box that starts 10% of the source page width from the left side of each source page, 12% of the source page height from the top of the source page, and the width will be 80% of the source page width and the height will be 75% of the source page height. Because no pages were explicitly set for this crop box, it will apply to all pages.

Be careful that you don't put any spaces except just the one between the page range and the comma-delimited dimensions.

Last edited by willus; 03-13-2014 at 10:46 PM.
willus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 05:52 PM   #752
danilo93
danilo93 might easily be mistaken for a Texandanilo93 might easily be mistaken for a Texandanilo93 might easily be mistaken for a Texandanilo93 might easily be mistaken for a Texandanilo93 might easily be mistaken for a Texandanilo93 might easily be mistaken for a Texandanilo93 might easily be mistaken for a Texandanilo93 might easily be mistaken for a Texandanilo93 might easily be mistaken for a Texandanilo93 might easily be mistaken for a Texandanilo93 might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: PRESTIGIO PER3464B
Thank you soooo much, Willus! This was really helpful!
danilo93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 11:33 AM   #753
markom
Banned
markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs t1 kindle dx ipad
Quote:
Thank you soooo much, Willus! This was really helpful!
I would usually open pdf in Foxit or some other pdf reader with rulers
shown or using distance tool, so that you can easilly and quickly find needed coordinates.

Also you see exact pdf size in opened pdf by pressing ctrl+D or in properties(file menu).

Last edited by markom; 03-15-2014 at 11:36 AM.
markom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 03:42 AM   #754
danilo93
danilo93 might easily be mistaken for a Texandanilo93 might easily be mistaken for a Texandanilo93 might easily be mistaken for a Texandanilo93 might easily be mistaken for a Texandanilo93 might easily be mistaken for a Texandanilo93 might easily be mistaken for a Texandanilo93 might easily be mistaken for a Texandanilo93 might easily be mistaken for a Texandanilo93 might easily be mistaken for a Texandanilo93 might easily be mistaken for a Texandanilo93 might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by markom View Post
I would usually open pdf in Foxit or some other pdf reader with rulers
shown or using distance tool, so that you can easilly and quickly find needed coordinates.

Also you see exact pdf size in opened pdf by pressing ctrl+D or in properties(file menu).
Yes, I know this. Thank you, anyway!
I have another question... Sometimes I get 2 pages with different size. Like in this picture:

[Image violates guidelines for size - MODERATOR]

The first page is 8.10 x 10.72 in, and the second page is 7.65 x 10.11 in. I want to adjust 1st and 2nd page. I want 1st page to have the same size as 2nd one (7.65 x 10.11 in). How can I do this? Here is the pdf file I used...

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 06-22-2015 at 02:17 PM.
Old 03-21-2014, 08:45 AM   #755
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
The first page is 8.10 x 10.72 in, and the second page is 7.65 x 10.11 in. I want to adjust 1st and 2nd page. I want 1st page to have the same size as 2nd one (7.65 x 10.11 in). How can I do this? Here is the pdf file I used...
@Danilo93 -- If you want to use k2pdfopt and do no other processing other than making the pages the same size:

k2pdfopt -mode crop -cbox1 0,0,7.65,10.11 -cbox2- 0,0 gordana.pdf

The -cbox1 will crop the first page differently than the rest (-cbox2-), which won't be cropped.
Old 03-21-2014, 09:52 AM   #756
danilo93

Quote:
Originally Posted by willus View Post
@Danilo93 -- If you want to use k2pdfopt and do no other processing other than making the pages the same size:

k2pdfopt -mode crop -cbox1 0,0,7.65,10.11 -cbox2- 0,0 gordana.pdf

The -cbox1 will crop the first page differently than the rest (-cbox2-), which won't be cropped.
Thank you, Willus!!!
Old 03-21-2014, 06:08 PM   #757
facut
facut can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfacut can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfacut can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfacut can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfacut can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfacut can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfacut can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfacut can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfacut can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfacut can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfacut can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: none
Hello everyone, for those of you who use Arch Linux, I just wanted to let you know that I submitted k2pdfopt to the AUR. You can find it at:
http://aur.archlinux.org/packages/k2pdfopt/

Cheers
facut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 08:56 PM   #758
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by facut View Post
Hello everyone, for those of you who use Arch Linux, I just wanted to let you know that I submitted k2pdfopt to the AUR. You can find it at:
http://aur.archlinux.org/packages/k2pdfopt/
This is excellent work. @facut has been working with me to get k2pdfopt to compile with all of the supported libraries, which is not trivial. He is the only user I know besides myself to have accomplished that. He also uncovered a bug in the code which was causing a segfault--this will be fixed in the next release. Thank you, @facut.

Last edited by willus; 03-21-2014 at 10:32 PM.
Old 03-22-2014, 06:19 PM   #759
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

k2pdfopt v2.15 released

This is a bug fix version which primarily fixes some memory leaks. See the web site for details.
Old 03-25-2014, 01:02 PM   #760
sage79
Enthusiast
sage79 has read War And Peace ... all of itsage79 has read War And Peace ... all of itsage79 has read War And Peace ... all of itsage79 has read War And Peace ... all of itsage79 has read War And Peace ... all of itsage79 has read War And Peace ... all of itsage79 has read War And Peace ... all of itsage79 has read War And Peace ... all of itsage79 has read War And Peace ... all of itsage79 has read War And Peace ... all of itsage79 has read War And Peace ... all of it

Device: kobo glo
This version works great!
sage79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 06:11 AM   #761
hatde130113
Enthusiast
hatde130113 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhatde130113 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhatde130113 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhatde130113 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhatde130113 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhatde130113 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhatde130113 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhatde130113 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhatde130113 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhatde130113 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhatde130113 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kindle Paperwhite gen 2
How to use the OSX version? I have downloaded the k2pdfopt for MacOSX but how to run? Please help me! The downloaded file has no extension and not application for OSX. Thanks a lot!
hatde130113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 08:49 AM   #762
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatde130113 View Post
How to use the OSX version? I have downloaded the k2pdfopt for MacOSX but how to run? Please help me! The downloaded file has no extension and not application for OSX. Thanks a lot!
@hatde130113 -- Welcome to MR forums. From the k2pdfopt home page, click on "Mac Install", left column, at the bottom.
Old 03-26-2014, 11:29 AM   #763
hatde130113
Enthusiast
hatde130113 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhatde130113 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhatde130113 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhatde130113 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhatde130113 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhatde130113 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhatde130113 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhatde130113 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhatde130113 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhatde130113 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhatde130113 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kindle Paperwhite gen 2
Thanks for your big help. I have got it worked out perfectly!
hatde130113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 02:22 PM   #764
latrodectus17
latrodectus17 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterlatrodectus17 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterlatrodectus17 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterlatrodectus17 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterlatrodectus17 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterlatrodectus17 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterlatrodectus17 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterlatrodectus17 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterlatrodectus17 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterlatrodectus17 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterlatrodectus17 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: none
Hello,

I hope I am on the correct thread.

thank you for this great app.

I am wondering if I can use it for another thing. Sometimes I want to print a pdf article from my computer on letter paper size. Can I use k2pdfopt to rearrange the text in a more paper-friendly matter? (maybe reducing margins and fitting more text on each page, or changing the 2 column format to 1 column). I have been trying but so far I haven't figure it out.

thank you
latrodectus17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 09:20 PM   #765
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by latrodectus17 View Post
Sometimes I want to print a pdf article from my computer on letter paper size. Can I use k2pdfopt to rearrange the text in a more paper-friendly matter? (maybe reducing margins and fitting more text on each page, or changing the 2 column format to 1 column). I have been trying but so far I haven't figure it out.
@latrodectus17 -- Welcome to MobileRead forums. It is likely that k2pdfopt can do something like what you want. Can you either post an example of your source PDF file or send me a private message if you don't want to post it to this thread? I'll have a look and recommend some settings.

Tags
ebook apps, k5 tools, kindle tools, kindle touch, tools