Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 09-17-2012, 03:18 PM   #1
tiniree
Zealot
tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Nook 1st Gen
Question New books won't download?

I have gone over to B & N and tried "purchasing" several free books by signing in, and then clicking the download button. The problem is that the books aren't going over to my nook or showing up in my B & N library as a purchase.

Anyone else having problems with the site?

Marie
tiniree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 03:39 PM   #2
RAH
Guru
RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Color Nook; Nook Touch
This may be a silly question, but do you have WiFi enabled on your Nook? It is hard to tell when you say, "I have gone over to B & N and tried "purchasing" several free books by signing in" if you mean using a computer and browser or you mean using your Nook.

If you mean you went to their WEBSITE with a browser and purchased a book, you then need to use your Nook with WiFi enabled. In fact, when you turn on your Nook and WiFi, the book should appear in your library without doing anything, usually, if it is a book you earlier purchased via a browser.

The best way to buy a book from B&N is using your Nook from start to finish, using Shop.
RAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 04:08 PM   #3
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiniree View Post
I have gone over to B & N and tried "purchasing" several free books by signing in, and then clicking the download button. The problem is that the books aren't going over to my nook or showing up in my B & N library as a purchase.

Anyone else having problems with the site?

Marie
You need a default credit card in your B&N account, even for free ebooks, because B&N's DRM needs the credit card info to encrypt the books.
If you bought the books successfully, you should receive a confirmation email for every book.
Sync the library of your Nook to download the books to your Nook using the Wifi connection.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 04:55 PM   #4
tiniree
Zealot
tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Nook 1st Gen
This started all of a sudden. I've been purchasing books (both free and $) with no problem using both my Nook and the computer. I usually use the computer as its faster and easier to search.

I have noticed that now if the book is FREE, it doesn't have a clickable link that says "purchase". It just has one that says "download". I click the download button. The color changes from orange to grey like its doing something, but then nothing happens. It doesn't show up in my nook or on my B&N library as a purchase.
tiniree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:35 PM   #5
Nahgem
Groupie
Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nooks
I've been having similar problems with the website off and on lately. Usually I just refresh my browser and if that doesn't work, I buy direct on my Nook for a few days.
Nahgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:13 PM   #6
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiniree View Post
This started all of a sudden. I've been purchasing books (both free and $) with no problem using both my Nook and the computer. I usually use the computer as its faster and easier to search.

I have noticed that now if the book is FREE, it doesn't have a clickable link that says "purchase". It just has one that says "download". I click the download button. The color changes from orange to grey like its doing something, but then nothing happens. It doesn't show up in my nook or on my B&N library as a purchase.
You should get a pop-up window to confirm the sale.
Perhaps your browser, or another program, is blocking the pop-up window?
You could try another browser.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:15 PM   #7
Gotadimple
Zealot
Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Nvidia Shield
There have been problems with the web site. When the download button appears, RIGHT click to open a new window. You will then be able to confirm your purchase and it should appear on your Nook correctly.
Gotadimple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:53 AM   #8
sharphamster
Anathema Device
sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T3/350, Kobo AuraH20/Mini, Axim X50v
Using Firefox? Yes - I started having the same problem about two or three weeks ago. It's happened a few times over the years when B&N 'improves' their site. They'll eventually figure out they're losing sales and fix it.

I fire up the barely used IE to purchase books. Hey, at least it's good for something that way.
sharphamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 04:11 PM   #9
Gotadimple
Zealot
Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Nvidia Shield
Hamster,
Yes, I'm using Firefox, and the Control Click seems to work. The B&N website Community had this as a recommendation.
Gotadimple is offline   Reply With Quote