Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-20-2015, 09:31 AM   #1
avinatbezeq
Connoisseur
avinatbezeq has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.avinatbezeq has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.avinatbezeq has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.avinatbezeq has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505, KDXG
Voyage landscape mode

Hi all,

I consider buying a Voyage to replace my broken () Kindle keyboard.

The issue is that I read in landscape mode, and I am not sure how is the reading experience with the Voyage in this mode.

Anyone using the Voyage in landscape mode? How comfortable is it? Are there implications for reading in bed? For the cover to buy?

Regards,

Avi
avinatbezeq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 10:26 AM   #2
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle Scribe, PW SE & Kindle 2022
I like using landscape mode when in bed as the bevels are wider at the top/bottom so I find it more comfortable. I use the origami case and that works very well in landscape mode but what doesn't work are the hepatic buttons. That major feature of the Voyage is portrait only.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2015, 11:07 AM   #3
avinatbezeq
Connoisseur
avinatbezeq has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.avinatbezeq has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.avinatbezeq has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.avinatbezeq has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

What does this mean? What are the hepatic buttons, and what happens when they don't work?
Old 01-22-2015, 12:50 PM   #4
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by avinatbezeq View Post
What does this mean? What are the hepatic buttons, and what happens when they don't work?
The Kindle Voyage has page press sensors on the side that work like page buttons--these sensors provide "haptic feedback" to let you know when you've pressed them. I personally don't have a Voyage (maybe someday...)but as Josie points out and I've read here before, the sensors won't work for turning pages when you're reading from the Kindle in landscape mode--meaning you'll have to rely on tapping/swiping the screen to turn pages.
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 03:39 AM   #5
avinatbezeq
Connoisseur

Oh, I see. Thank you both for your answers. I've purchased the Voyage so I'll just have to live with the tapping/swiping
Advert
Old 04-16-2016, 03:44 PM   #6
Nathanie Bohrman
Nathanie Bohrman began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
With the recent firmwares, the haptic buttons work in landscape mode in the Voyage?
Nathanie Bohrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 03:51 PM   #7
ersott
Evangelist
ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite2, Ipad Air, Kobo Aura H2o
With 5.7.3 still not work :-(
ersott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 04:10 PM   #8
Nathanie Bohrman
Nathanie Bohrman began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by ersott View Post
With 5.7.3 still not work :-(
Brrrrr!! It is a real pity, I use the landscape mode frequently...

Many thanks
Nathanie Bohrman is offline   Reply With Quote