Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-20-2010, 09:48 PM   #1
katenepveu
katenepveu began at the beginning.

Device: Pixel
deleted tags reappearing in Sony Reader after connecting to new/upgraded Calibre

Hi all,

I have a Sony Pocket Reader and a number of e-book files with tags that I deleted either before or after uploading them to the device.

I connected the Reader to a brand-new install of Calibre to add a file while I was on vacation. It took forever for Calibre to get the list of files on the device, but I was on a netbook and my Reader is pretty full so I didn't think much of it. But when I disconnected it, all of a sudden a whole lot of tags that I'd deleted reappeared in the "collections" view.

I deleted all these by going into Sony Library when I got home and figured I'd missed some setting in Calibre. But then I upgraded from 0.6.something to 0.7.2, and the same thing happened again.

So is there some setting I can't find that I should change? Because I don't want to go through the tedious effort of getting rid of all these tags if it's just going to happen again.

(I searched the bugs list for "deleted tags" and didn't see anything.)

Thanks.

Last edited by katenepveu; 06-20-2010 at 10:17 PM. Reason: correct upgrade version
katenepveu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 09:58 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by katenepveu View Post
I connected the Reader to a brand-new install of Calibre to add a file while I was on vacation. It took forever for Calibre to get the list of files on the device, but I was on a netbook and my Reader is pretty full so I didn't think much of it. But when I disconnected it, all of a sudden a whole lot of tags that I'd deleted reappeared in the "collections" view.

I deleted all these by going into Sony Library when I got home and figured I'd missed some setting in Calibre. But then I upgraded from 0.6.something to the latest version, 0.7.4, and the same thing happened again.
Read this thread from start to finish. Hopefully in there some of what you experienced will make sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katenepveu View Post
(I searched the bugs list for "deleted tags" and didn't see anything.)
You didn't find anything because it isn't a bug it's a feature.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-20-2010, 10:10 PM   #3
katenepveu
katenepveu began at the beginning.

Device: Pixel
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
Read this thread from start to finish. Hopefully in there some of what you experienced will make sense.
Thank you, I still have questions but I will take them there.
katenepveu is offline   Reply With Quote