Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

Old 09-27-2011, 01:36 PM   #331
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
July is Winter for some of our members.

Of course, that's not what I was thinking when I drew that up.
Well then, hm, for them, doesn't "Mystery March" just have a nice ring to it?

Last edited by sun surfer; 09-27-2011 at 02:37 PM.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 02:31 PM   #332
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
I think a 6-month hiatus between nominations is eminently reasonable.

The rejiggered schedule is appealing. I like having the mystery in summer (in the northern hemisphere).
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2011, 03:43 PM   #333
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
All in favour...

We can address the actual genres in June for the 2013 year. I'm warning everyone now that I'll be lobbying for an all-apocalyptic year to celebrate surviving the Mayan prophecies. Well, if we do survive.

I re-read most of the thread and it's an entertaining read watching the genres change as the discussion went on.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 04:01 PM   #334
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Here is my suggested genre list for 2013:

Jan - Classic
Feb - 2nd In a Series
Mar - Kindle Exclusive
Apr - A Passage to India (only this book can be nominated)
May - 3rd In a Series
Jun - 4th In a Trilogy
Jul - Classic
Aug - Classic
Sep - Classic
Oct - Classic
Nov - Classic
Dec - Jon Decides if his head didn't 'splode yet.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 04:42 PM   #335
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post

Jan - Classic
Feb - 2nd In a Series
Mar - Kindle Exclusive
May - 3rd In a Series
Jun - 4th In a Trilogy
Jul - Classic
Aug - Classic
Sep - Classic
Oct - Classic
Nov - Classic

BOb
It was not until I reached April that I realized that you were joking.

I like the schedule HomeInMyShoes has come up with. Nice of him to prepare this interesting analysis as well: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...92#post1759092

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
Wow. Sorry I asked. Forgive me for not making assumptions. It does say 2010 book list, "not all life time how dare we change anything ever" book list. My question was simple- are we doing next year what we did this year. It really was a yes or no question. I might even ask the question again net year unless this becomes the official list, in which case the year should be removed and the list be titled as such. Then there will be no confusion and no one will ask if any changes will be made.
I was also not replying as much to your post as to one that followed it.
Advert
Old 09-27-2011, 04:46 PM   #336
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlet53 View Post
I was also not replying as much to your post as to one that followed it.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 04:59 PM   #337
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I nominate Mostly Harmless for June.
Old 09-27-2011, 04:59 PM   #338
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
Quote:

Jan - Classic
Feb - 2nd In a Series
Mar - Kindle Exclusive
May - 3rd In a Series
Jun - 4th In a Trilogy
Jul - Classic
Aug - Classic
Sep - Classic
Oct - Classic
Nov - Classic

BOb
Love it!

Although Storm Front would probably make it to the vote in about half of those months too.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 06:02 PM   #339
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Quote:

BOb
I'll probably hear the POP here on the West Coast...
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 06:02 PM   #340
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
I like HIMS's lineup. Is that proposed for 2012?
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 06:06 PM   #341
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfwreck View Post
I like HIMS's lineup. Is that proposed for 2012?
I'd 2nd the nomination if it is.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 01:35 AM   #342
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Quote:
July is Winter for some of our members.
Yeah, like the guys in Regina!
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 08:43 AM   #343
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer

^Hey now, July is actually the only month that it has never snowed here.
Old 11-28-2011, 11:54 PM   #344
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Not sure what I think about Storm Front. It obviously shouldn't have been nominated in the one month, but categorization is what it is. Messy. I think a six month hiatus is good with the obvious exception being the RunnerUp month in January.

I'm going to jigger the months a little more:
Code:
Jan  RunnerUp
Feb  Romance
Mar  Thriller/Suspense
Apr  Humour
May  Fantasy
Jun  Classic
Jul  Mystery/Crime
Aug  FreeForAll
Sep  NonFiction
Oct  Horror
Nov  Science Fiction
Dec  Classic
It was an effort to try to split up the following groups:
- Science Fiction, Fantasy
- Classic, Classic
- Mystery/Crime, Thriller/Suspense, Horror

I really messed them around. Since summer is supposed to be about fun reading I put Mystery, and FreeForAll in it so we can get some good summer reads. I also put NonFiction into September for back to school time. I would have liked to space Humour and Romance better, but the months they are in just make too much sense.
I agree that looks like the way to go for 2012.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 12:37 AM   #345
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I agree that looks like the way to go for 2012.
So will you be starting a brand new Administration Thread for 2012 since the line up will be changing?

I think it would be nice to have a fresh start with the new line up, and include any other decisions we make/made in 2011.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote