Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 04-24-2009, 02:47 PM   #1
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver
starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab Plus, Droid phone, Nook HD+
E Ink profile in Boston Globe

Today's Boston Globe has a brief piece on Russ Wilcox, head of E Ink of Cambridge, Mass., manufacturer of the screens in Sony Readers, Kindles, and others. "We're trying to save the novel. We're trying to save publishing. We're trying to save civilization," he says. Hear, hear! The online version has a video clip on his thoughts for the future.

Nothing terribly new to this crowd, but I was startled to learn that the E Ink HQ and manufacturing facility are about a mile down the street from me! I knew they were in the area, but am surprised that I've driven by them hundreds of times and never noticed. (I should stop in and have them autograph my Sony.)
starrigger is offline   Reply With Quote