Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook > PocketBook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-24-2011, 06:52 AM   #1
below
below began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook
OpenBook / OpenContent Samples?

Hello,

I am just trying to open a simple PDF or ePub on a PocketBook 603, but my attempts with OpenBook have failed so far. I have tried

OpenBook ("/User_Guide_PocketBook_603(DE).pdf", "", 0);

but that does not open a pdf

Thanks

Alex
below is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 11:58 AM   #2
MartinZ
Zealot
MartinZ doesn't litterMartinZ doesn't litter

Device: PB903, PB603
OpenBook

Hi below,

I do think, "OpenBook" does in fact open a book.
But emulator has to find "pdfviewer.app" and "book.pdf" (for example).

I think, it's a matter of
pathes
app-files included in emulator.

On device itself it should work, if "book.pdf" is found.
MartinZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2011, 05:20 PM   #3
MartinZ
Zealot

pdfviewer

Hi below,

now I've tried your call to OpenBook( ... ) myself on emulator.

Indeed inkview calls the pdfviewer.app indirectly via "system/config/extensions.cfg", where the file extensions (like .pdf) are all assigned to the handling .app-programs.

But unfortunately the pdfviewer.app is not available in the emulator.
And before you try to copy "pdfviewer.app" from your PB603 to the emulator's "/system/bin", be warned, that you would have to use a version of "pdfviewer.app", that is compiled and linked for "i386" (for "emu", not for device). You could compile and build it yourself, because the source-code for "pdfviewer-pb" is available on the internet (https://pocketbook-free.svn.sourcefo.../pdfviewer-pb/) - but i expect problems with libraries and so on, if you really try.

If anyone (perhaps you?) would do this work to compile and build all available standard-apps for emulator, I would be glad, if you post them here.
Old 11-25-2011, 01:08 AM   #4
bogomil
bogomil can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbogomil can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbogomil can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbogomil can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbogomil can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbogomil can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbogomil can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbogomil can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbogomil can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbogomil can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbogomil can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: PB903
Quote:
Originally Posted by below View Post
Hello,

I am just trying to open a simple PDF or ePub on a PocketBook 603, but my attempts with OpenBook have failed so far. I have tried

OpenBook ("/User_Guide_PocketBook_603(DE).pdf", "", 0);

but that does not open a pdf

Thanks

Alex
The correct call should be
OpenBook ("/mnt/ext1/User_Guide_PocketBook_603(DE).pdf", NULL, 0);

Last edited by bogomil; 11-25-2011 at 01:10 AM.
bogomil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 10:23 AM   #5
MartinZ
Zealot

OpenBook

Yes, that works (at least on device, not on emulator where pdfviewer is missing).

I used a renamed pdf-Dokument (test.pdf):

Code:
OpenBook ("/mnt/ext1/test.pdf", NULL, 0);
But for original "User_Guide_PocketBook_603(DE).pdf":

Code:
OpenBook ("/mnt/ext1/User_Guide_PocketBook_603(DE).pdf", NULL, 0);
did not work. Possibly there is a problem with length of filenames.
Advert