Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 04-07-2011, 05:08 AM   #1
fer400
fer400 began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 902
Large screen eReaders

Hi to all:

I am looking for a large screen (9.7 inches) eReader. The only two readers that seem to be the best of the market (April 2011) are the Onyx Boox M90, and the Hanvon E920. They seem to be the very best, but the problem is that the Boox M90 will only be available by June, and the Hanvon by even later than that.
Can any one tell me if there are high quality reading devices available on the market now, not in June or July. I am not interested in the Kindle, nor in Sony.

I wonder how good is the PB pro 902/3 when compared with the Boox M90 or Hanvon, and I don't know if it works with a Mac. The ASUS DR900 is (I believe) dead. I'm new in the world of eReaders, so I'd like to know if there are other readers that I am missing.
Thanks in advance for your answers.
fer400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 05:23 AM   #2
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Good depends on your usage.

Many use Kindle DX, iPad, Xoom or netbooks for "larger" readers. But then you have to consider whether you will be using in indoors or out, power usage considerations, eye strain, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc...
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-07-2011, 08:09 PM   #3
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Have you heard of the enTourage eDGe? It has a 9.7" e-ink screen on one side and a 10.1" Linux/Android tablet on the other side. They call it a "dualbook". The company seems to be having a spot of trouble, but the device is excellent, and may be just what you are looking for. Available now from Newegg, Amazon, B&H Photo, Best Buy and more (unless they're sold out). Also available on ebay.

Check the forum here https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=218 and the enTourage eDGe forum http://www.entourageedge.com/forums/forum.php for info.

Best of luck to you!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote