Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-23-2010, 06:28 PM   #1
karlbcn
karlbcn began at the beginning.

Device: bebook
Send books to SD

Hi,
After some trials, finally I have arrived to the conclusion that calibre is the best solution for me and my books :-)

I've tried to find something similar before posting, but not success.

The problem is that send books to my bebook is very slow, and sometimes the process freeze.

The solution I found is to export to disk, with the structure
tags(my genre)/author/all the books (without opf)
And then copy this structure to the SD using a cardreader.

In this way I can transfer all the books, no matter what format...

I've read somewere that is not possible use the process "send books to device" to write directly to a SD, because calibre consider that the SD is a generic "device"

But my idea is why no to "sign" the SD, from calibre or using a signature file that tells calibre which ebook is using the SD ???? Sure that writing using a cardreader is faster than writing to an old device...

Thanks
karlbcn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 06:35 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
click on connect/share and use connect to folder
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2010, 06:42 PM   #3
karlbcn

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
As easy as this ????????????? :-)

Thanks, I will try...
Old 11-25-2010, 05:58 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlbcn View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
As easy as this ????????????? :-)

Thanks, I will try...
In order to use the Connect to folder option You most likely have to go to Preferences - Plugins - Device interface plugins and disable the plugin for your device. Then restart calibre. If the plugin is enabled then the Connect to folder option is grayed out.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 06:30 AM   #5
karlbcn

It worked, I was able to connect to the SD card using the cardreader, but just when the transfer starts... the process freeze... I have to kill calibre, and there is no books on the SD card.

Thanks
Advert
Old 11-25-2010, 06:45 AM   #6
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
I get the suspicion that your card is somehow faulty. Did you try to check the filesystem? Do you have another card that you can try?
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 06:54 AM   #7
karlbcn

Hi the card is recently formatted, and I could write all my exported library in the SD moving the files outside calibre.

Is possible that calibre tries to make the conversion of non-epub books previously to send the book to the SD, and is the conversion process the process that fails?

Thanks