Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-17-2010, 01:29 PM   #61
ColdSun
Developer/Device Reviews
ColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Sony Xperia Tablet Z, Kindle Paperwhite 2, Lenovo Yoga 8, IPad 3
Wow the newer Market is far better than the other one. Thanks guys!
ColdSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 02:47 PM   #62
mxrodriguez
Enthusiast
mxrodriguez is on a distinguished road

Device: Nook, NookColor
Hey Hey!!
the market update worked great on my NookColor...

I thought I would be slick and try it on my MotoDroid..
No luck
mxrodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 02:48 PM   #63
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxrodriguez View Post
Hey Hey!!
the market update worked great on my NookColor...

I thought I would be slick and try it on my MotoDroid..
No luck
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 09:32 PM   #64
da_jane
Evangelist
da_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enough

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 | Kindle Paperwhite | iPad Mini
I keep getting an error message saying that installation of apps (using Astro) is blocked.

Edited:
well, I followed the terminal instructions in this thread. This is definitely not as easy as jailbreaking the iPhone!

Last edited by da_jane; 12-17-2010 at 09:46 PM.
da_jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 09:35 PM   #65
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_jane View Post
I keep getting an error message saying that installation of apps (using Astro) is blocked.
You need to enable that specific functionality.

http://nookdevs.com/NookColor_Enable...ice_installers
Old 12-18-2010, 12:36 AM   #66
rogerperk
Connoisseur
rogerperk will become famous soon enoughrogerperk will become famous soon enoughrogerperk will become famous soon enoughrogerperk will become famous soon enoughrogerperk will become famous soon enoughrogerperk will become famous soon enough

Device: NC Rooted
Quote:
Originally Posted by richorlin View Post
Once you root it and add Google Apps and the Marketplace, can you still use it as a Nook e-reader?
I just did this today and, yes, you can still use the Nook ereader. No change in just about everything. There are some additional icons on the page to figure out but that's fun. I'm just trying to see how I an use it more. And how I can steal the pics Scion used for her wallpaper. Very nice.
rogerperk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 01:50 AM   #67
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerperk View Post
I just did this today and, yes, you can still use the Nook ereader. No change in just about everything. There are some additional icons on the page to figure out but that's fun. I'm just trying to see how I an use it more. And how I can steal the pics Scion used for her wallpaper. Very nice.
I get my wallpapers from here:

http://interfacelift.com/wallpaper_b...oads/date/any/

If you're downloading pics on your computer just use the setting for iPad. Put the pics in the My Files / Wallpapers on the NOOKcolor. Set the wallpaper using the stock "set wallpaper" for best results. Settings / Home (under App Settings) / Set Wallpaper
Old 12-19-2010, 01:07 PM   #68
MsCG1
Zealot
MsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Nook Classic, NookColor, HTC Rezound, Sony PRS-505, ICS Touchpad
Okay, so I've joined the rooting club!

I started last night and unfortunately ran into some problems. I accessed the BN store, and it triggered a hard reset of my device. I had to wipe it and start over this morning, but now I have it up and running again and downloading apps.

Can anyone recommend a good launcher program? Which do you prefer and why?
MsCG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 01:37 PM   #69
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsCG1 View Post
Okay, so I've joined the rooting club!

I started last night and unfortunately ran into some problems. I accessed the BN store, and it triggered a hard reset of my device. I had to wipe it and start over this morning, but now I have it up and running again and downloading apps.

Can anyone recommend a good launcher program? Which do you prefer and why?
Welcome to the fold! There are some tips/ideas here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=111621
Old 12-19-2010, 01:39 PM   #70
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsCG1 View Post

I accessed the BN store, and it triggered a hard reset of my device. I had to wipe it and start over this morning, but now I have it up and running again and downloading apps.
You may wish to block automatic updates without losing any functionality. You can install the updates manually.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...5&postcount=17
Old 12-19-2010, 02:21 PM   #71
MsCG1
Zealot
MsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Nook Classic, NookColor, HTC Rezound, Sony PRS-505, ICS Touchpad
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
You may wish to block automatic updates without losing any functionality. You can install the updates manually.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...5&postcount=17

Yeah, I did the auto-nooter which was compatible with the 1.0.1 update. I read a couple of the threads at XDA, and a few people had the same issue with the device randomly resetting once they accessed the BN shop. For me, it happened when I accidentally clicked on LendMe. For some people, it happened by simply opening a BN book.

I'm not going to get paranoid about BN deliberately breaking our roots but ... hmmm. It is a bit suspect.
MsCG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 06:34 PM   #72
French
Groupie
French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
For a good launcher....try Zeam. I like it a lot. (I think someone asked)
French is offline   Reply With Quote