Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 12-05-2012, 12:40 PM   #1
peterhondak
Zealot
peterhondak is on a distinguished road

Device: KoboMini (mine and MIL) KoboVox(returned), sonytouch(mom's),samsung7"
insufficent memory

I'm trying to get more apps and its telling me I have insufficent memory.

will I solve this problem by buying a larger micro memory thingy? I can't off hand remember what size I did buy, but probably a small one, (do they come in 4), as I had only planned on using it as a reader

If I buy another one, should I stick with small again, maybe an 8, and use both? or if I get a 16 how do I copy the small one onto the big one

thanks
peterhondak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:22 AM   #2
peterhondak
Zealot
peterhondak is on a distinguished road

Device: KoboMini (mine and MIL) KoboVox(returned), sonytouch(mom's),samsung7"
I've noticed lots and lots of people have read this, I know the answer is out there.

Is it possible for me to get more apps on my VOX if I buy a bigger memory card???? and how do I still use the old one or do I transfer?
peterhondak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2012, 12:34 PM   #3
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
Depends on which "memory" you mean. If you mean actual RAM (it comes with 512MB and probably has only half that available to do stuff in). If you mean storage, then there should be an option in each app's entry in the app management settings to move the app to the microSD card (not all apps can be moved, but many can). Should free up enough space that way and is probably the second-best option, right after uninstalling apps or data (especially movies - keeping them on "just in case" is not good; cutting down your music collection's also a good idea, perhaps replacing some of it with streaming services like sky.fm/di.fm) you don't actually use too often...

For copying an existing microSD card, I'm assuming you'll need a card reader and some software that's not likely to have shipped with your system...
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote