Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-23-2013, 09:57 AM   #2956
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I'll go for the obvious I please
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:04 AM   #2957
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Code:
Category: Geography, hard/reasonably obscure
Letters: _ B C D _ _ G _ _ J K _ M _ _ P Q _ _ _ _ V W X Y Z

_ I R _ _ E   O F   T H E   U N _ L I _ B A B L E S
One obvious I and maybe one less than obvious I.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2013, 10:21 AM   #2958
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I C said the blind man! (C please)
Old 05-23-2013, 10:24 AM   #2959
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Code:
Letters: _ B _ D _ _ G _ _ J K _ M _ _ P Q _ _ _ _ V W X Y Z

C I R _ _ E   O F   T H E   U N C L I _ B A B L E S
Two Cs. Is that what you were looking at blind man?
Old 05-23-2013, 11:10 AM   #2960
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer

Okay, I've probably thrown everyone off by missing a U.

Fixed.

Code:
Letters: _ B _ D _ _ G _ _ J K _ M _ _ P Q _ _ _ _ V W X Y Z

C I R _ U E   O F   T H E   U N C L I _ B A B L E S
Advert
Old 05-23-2013, 12:22 PM   #2961
Fat Abe
Man Who Stares at Books
Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All of the Above
Q and M, that should do the trick. Or, someone can just guess it now. Please.
Fat Abe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:30 PM   #2962
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer

Code:
Letters: _ B _ D _ _ G _ _ J K _ _ _ _ P _ _ _ _ _ V W X Y Z

C I R Q U E   O F   T H E   U N C L I M B A B L E S
One Q and one M.

Hmmm...anyone? Bueller? I think it's over to Fat Abe for the next one.

I was wandering around Canada’s national parks and found a reference to Cirque of the Unclimbables in Nahanni National Park. I had to look it up. A cirque of granite peaks with a mountain in the middle. Cool.

If you tend to get vertigo or are averse to heights, maybe don’t watch it.

For an overview picture, Mountain Project has a nice area photo. Yet another place in my giant country to put on the maybe someday I will visit it pile, although I won't be doing the climbing.
Old 05-23-2013, 12:47 PM   #2963
Fat Abe
Man Who Stares at Books
Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Peter got me to the answer, so he should go next. Or Samhy or Red. It was a tough quiz, and even the CIA world book did not help much. Not saying that I work for the CIA, although you never know.
Old 05-23-2013, 01:08 PM   #2964
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer

Haha. When you live in a country as big and diverse as mine it's hard not to be obscure even in a National Park that is a Unesco World Heritage Site.

You should be thankful I didn't go for: Naats'ihch'oh
Old 05-23-2013, 01:34 PM   #2965
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

I only found it by googling so I'd rather pass. And yes... it does look quite fascinating.
Old 05-24-2013, 12:52 PM   #2966
Fat Abe
Man Who Stares at Books

Code:
Category: Book Title
Letters: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

_ _ _    _ _ _ _ _ - _ _ _ _ _ _ _   _ _ _ _ _ _
Well, since we have no volunteers, I will semi-connect with Homes' game with a work of fiction. The author is well-respected, with Canadian connections. The book title has a hyphen. What is even more interesting is that the author uses the phrase, "I Spy with my little eye ...", as a line of dialog in the novel. Curious? Why wouldn't you be?

Last edited by Fat Abe; 05-24-2013 at 01:28 PM. Reason: booboo
Old 05-24-2013, 12:57 PM   #2967
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer

T as in Technetium?
Old 05-24-2013, 01:14 PM   #2968
Fat Abe
Man Who Stares at Books

Code:
Category: Book Title

Letters: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S _ U V W X Y Z

T _ _    _ _ _ _ _ - _ T _ _ _ _ _   _ _ _ _ _ _
Two T's, and tea for two or more.

Last edited by Fat Abe; 05-24-2013 at 01:28 PM.
Old 05-24-2013, 01:22 PM   #2969
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
H as in Help?
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 01:24 PM   #2970
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer

E as in Ectoplasm?

Tags
first tag :p, guess them letters!