Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-04-2011, 01:30 PM   #1
jabberwock_11
Addict
jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Aluratek Libre Pro
Using the Calibre Server

I have been using Calibre for quite a while now with no real issues, until now. I have browsed through the postings here and found a few sort of related posts, but nothing that really addresses my problem. The Calibre help page also has not been too helpful.

I have just attempted to share my library with my Archos 7ht because it's a lot easier to send books via the internet than to sideload them into the device (in theory anyway). I start the server on my laptop and then set up the catalog on my Archos, but then when I try to connect to the server on my Archos I get a message stating that the web page is not available.

The server page is accessible on my laptop (i.e. I can type in the URL and it pops up just fine), but when I try to access it on my Archos or on another laptop I get the message that the page is not available.

I use the URL address that is shown when I hit the "test server" button. Am I missing something? Any help or direction to posts that address this would be greatly appreciated.
jabberwock_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 01:54 PM   #2
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabberwock_11 View Post
I have just attempted to share my library with my Archos 7ht
I use the Archos 70 with the Content Server

Quote:
I use the URL address that is shown when I hit the "test server" button. Am I missing something?
Yes. Remove the password. The Archos won't handle digest authentication. I use a reverse proxy to solve this problem and provide basic authentication.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2011, 02:06 PM   #3
jabberwock_11
Addict
jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My Calibre is not set up with a password. As for the reverse proxy, I don't actually know what that is, but I will do some research and give it a try.
Old 02-04-2011, 02:27 PM   #4
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
My Calibre is not set up with a password. As for the reverse proxy, I don't actually know what that is, but I will do some research and give it a try.
You don't need to set up reverse proxy if you have no password. It's only needed to give basic authentication instead of digest authentication, which my Archos (and many Android devices) can't handle.

Are you sure you've got the correct address and port for the Calibre content server on your Archos? Is it properly connected to your WiFi? I had no trouble, other than the password issue.
Old 02-04-2011, 02:29 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
I use the URL address that is shown when I hit the "test server" button. Am I missing something? Any help or direction to posts that address this would be greatly appreciated.
You need to use the actual IP address for your computer. Read this section it has tips on that http://calibre-ebook.com/user_manual...-iphone-itouch
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2011, 02:44 PM   #6
Starson17
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
You need to use the actual IP address for your computer.
I read this part of his first post too quickly: "The server page is accessible on my laptop" and thought that he could access the server from another computer. I see now, he's probably using the loopback address and accessing it on the same computer running the server.
Old 02-04-2011, 02:54 PM   #7
jabberwock_11
Addict

I looked up my IP address, which was different than the one shown when I hit the "test server" button. I changed my catalog set up using the correct IP address, started the calibre server, crossed my fingers, and...had the same problem.

I am using a clearwire modem and running a router, does any of that have any affect on how I would connect using my tablet or another computer?
Old 02-04-2011, 04:27 PM   #8
Starson17
Wizard

Quote:
I looked up my IP address, which was different than the one shown when I hit the "test server" button. I changed my catalog set up using the correct IP address, started the calibre server, crossed my fingers, and...had the same problem.

I am using a clearwire modem and running a router, does any of that have any affect on how I would connect using my tablet or another computer?
Did you configure the port to match the port for your server? It would help if you posted the address and port you used.