Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 06-17-2014, 05:24 PM   #1
jlocicero
jlocicero can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjlocicero can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjlocicero can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjlocicero can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjlocicero can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjlocicero can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjlocicero can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjlocicero can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjlocicero can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjlocicero can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjlocicero can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: none
cover page shows up twice

I bought The Collected Works of George Orwell on Amazon, and brought it in to Calibre. Then I used Calibre's editing program to split out the novel 1984 - it was remarkably easy, I just deleted all files before and after 1984. It works perfectly, with table of contents and everything.

But when I view the book in Calibre's reader, or import it in to Marvin on my iPhone, it has two covers. The first page is the cover, and then the second page is too. And then the book starts.

I can't seem to find anything in the html files that shows the cover being displayed twice. I'm not even sure what I should post here to get help.

Any ideas?
jlocicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 06:39 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
(Not solving the problem BUT ... you could use the ePubSplit plugin in calibre to avoid having to edit the book)
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2014, 08:44 PM   #3
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
There is probably a coverpage as well as the first page having the image... This can happen if calibre inserts a cover but couldn't recognize the previous one (if it wasn't marked as a cover).

Try opening in the calibre Editor, and seeing if the cover shows up in multiple files.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 02:20 PM   #4
jlocicero
jlocicero can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjlocicero can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjlocicero can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjlocicero can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjlocicero can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjlocicero can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjlocicero can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjlocicero can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjlocicero can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjlocicero can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjlocicero can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: none
@PeterT
Thanks for the advice! It works much better than the way I was doing it.

@eschwartz
That worked! Thank you very much.
jlocicero is offline   Reply With Quote