Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 04:25 PM   #1276
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
@SallyK -

I've added chromeandgunmetal.com/chrome to the list, but under "Possible, but more difficult than usual". Meaning we're not likely to do it.

It looks like it uses it's own story system with very little metadata available, plus it already has PRC ebooks for download.
Old 03-28-2013, 05:41 PM   #1277
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

fanfiction.net has made more changes again to break a couple different things in FFDL.

Attached is a version that fixes all the problems I've found. So far. I'd like to give it another day before I push another release.

Please report any further problems.

UPDATE Mar 28, 2013 - Remove obsolete beta versions

ff.net hasn't changed for hours now. So I've pushed these changes out as a new release. If calibre doesn't report that there's a new version (1.7.19), tell it to install again anyway.

Last edited by JimmXinu; 03-28-2013 at 09:50 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions
Advert
Old 03-28-2013, 08:44 PM   #1278
manthanein
manthanein began at the beginning.

Device: Android
Talking

JimmXinu,

first, thanks for creating the plug in, it was really helpful , and as per my records I'd been using it for more than a year..

second, thanks for the fix for the fan fiction.net.. it wasn't working a while ago.. problem was fixed when I updated the plug in thanks

Old 03-28-2013, 09:47 PM   #1279
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Version 1.7.19 - 28 Mar 2013
  • Another fix for fanfiction.net changes.
It's been good for a few hours, so it's out for everybody now.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:20 AM   #1280
SallyK
Enthusiast
SallyK began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo GloHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
@SallyK -

I've added chromeandgunmetal.com/chrome to the list, but under "Possible, but more difficult than usual". Meaning we're not likely to do it.

It looks like it uses it's own story system with very little metadata available, plus it already has PRC ebooks for download.
Okay, that makes perfect sense - thanks for considering it.
Advert
Old 03-29-2013, 08:09 PM   #1281
Miss A
Miss A began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek Pro, Panasonic
I've seen this somewhere...

Apologies if you've answered this somewhere else, but since this program runs in conjunction with the Generate Cover plug-in , I've forgotten where I saw the information.
If I'm correct, there is a way to assign a particular scheme/picture to be used with each particular download site. As in, each time I download a story from Archive of Our Own, the Generate Cover plug-in will automatically generate a cover with a particular image.
Thanks in advance.

I cross-posted this to the Generate Cover plug-in thread. I hope that's cool.
Old 03-29-2013, 10:54 PM   #1282
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

@Miss A - Yes, this is the appropriate place.

It's very simple if you actually look through the settings for this plugin. There's a tab labeled 'Generate Cover' that appears if you also have the Generate Cover plugin installed. Just pick which GC setting set you want to use for which site.
Old 03-30-2013, 10:20 PM   #1283
Miss A

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
@Miss A - Yes, this is the appropriate place.

It's very simple if you actually look through the settings for this plugin. There's a tab labeled 'Generate Cover' that appears if you also have the Generate Cover plugin installed. Just pick which GC setting set you want to use for which site.
Just to reaffirm, I am really not a coding genius.
Ok, So to make sure I have this straight, I go into personal.ini and I'd assume down to an entry like this.
[ficwad.com]
#username:YourUsername
#password:YourPassword
And now my brain fails me. I found the paragraph about, " If you have the generate cover plugin installed" but I'm a bit afraid to tinker with anything too much.
If someone could kindly type the small bit of coding needed, I would appreciate it. If it's by each individual site address, I'm willing to copy and paste appropriately. I hate feeling stupid, but this is beyond my current abilities.
Old 03-30-2013, 10:37 PM   #1284
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

@Miss A -- You only need to do anything in personal.ini if you're doing something complex. For simple site->cover, it's GUI.

If you don't see the 'Generate Cover' tab in your FFDL config like the image below shows, you don't have the Generate Cover plugin installed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	192
Size:	113.6 KB
ID:	103713  
Old 03-30-2013, 11:20 PM   #1285
Miss A

@ JimmXinu
Wow, I have to say "Thanks" and "I feel stupid" at the same time. When I was poking around under that pane the first time, I hadn't added any new themes/sets to cover generator. So the only choices were <default>. I guess I wrote it off under either "I don't understand this" or "It's broken, but everything else works".
Anyway, thanks again, especially for not making fun of me for being brain dead.
Old 03-31-2013, 12:15 AM   #1286
terrorczardas
terrorczardas began at the beginning.

Device: iPad/iPhone
Hi,

I've been having a problem with the plugin for some time now. The plugin crashes Calibre every time I click on any of the plugin buttons, including 'Add New from URL(s). The only feature that doesn't crash the whole thing is 'Update Existing FanFiction Book(s)'. And that only works when I click on the plugin button directly, and not click on the drop-down arrow. Whenever I click on the arrow, and not select anything (i.e. click outside the options to cancel), it crashes Calibre as well.

I really don't know what's wrong with it, as it worked when I first installed it. And oh, I've also removed plugin and installed manually from the file on this thread as well. I have the latest Calibre 0.9.25 and the latest plugin update 1.7.19. I'm on a MacBook Pro running OSX 10.8.3, if that info is at all relevant (I'm not a techie at all!).

It'd be great if you could tell me what I'm doing wrong. Should I reinstall the entire Calibre? (Would that delete all my books?)

Thanks!
Old 03-31-2013, 01:17 AM   #1287
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrorczardas View Post
I've been having a problem with the plugin for some time now.
I'm on a MacBook Pro running OSX 10.8.3, if that info is at all relevant (I'm not a techie at all!).
I suspect that you have the same problem that we've seen with a few other Mac users.

Please follow the instructions posted here under the heading "Mac User Crashes"

If that doesn't resolve your problem, let me know.
Old 03-31-2013, 01:23 AM   #1288
terrorczardas
terrorczardas began at the beginning.

Device: iPad/iPhone
I found that link right after I posted in here, so I'm really sorry for the duplicate question. But yes, it worked perfectly! It was a bit tricky as I had to google how to create a txt file in Mac as well. Can't believe how complicated that was. Thanks a lot for the help.
Old 03-31-2013, 10:01 PM   #1289
Linwe
Enthusiast
Linwe began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle & Kindle 4
So FFDL was working perfectly as of this morning, but I'm getting a fail on a story update:

Quote:
Forever Yours by Lilliana Hana
'NoneType' object has no attribute 'find'
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8167345/1/
Thought maybe it was just this one, but attempts at any other random FFnet selections also exhibit the same fail message. No problems so far with other sites. Anyone else having this problem or just me?

Running FFDL v1.7.19 in Calibre 0.9.25 [64-bit] on Win7.
Old 03-31-2013, 10:06 PM   #1290
Ghostdraconi
Ghostdraconi began at the beginning.

Device: none
Same problem here, nothing on FF.net can be downloaded
Closed Thread