Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

View Poll Results: November 2009 Mobile Read Book Club Vote
The Trial by Franz Kafka 15 20.27%
The Brothers Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoevsky 8 10.81%
Persuasion by Jane Austen 4 5.41%
Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens 8 10.81%
The Picture (or Portrait) of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde 12 16.22%
Around the World in 80 Days by Jules Verne 11 14.86%
Flatland: A Romance of Many Dimensions by Edward Abbott 6 8.11%
Orlando by Virginia Woolf 6 8.11%
Les Misérables by Victor Hugo 4 5.41%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-24-2009, 07:07 PM   #91
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Well, turns out I cannot read this moth's book as I lent my 505 to my mother-in-law while her 500 is away on upgrade. Might have it back on Monday. But if not, I'll ask my wife if I can borrow her 505 after I finish the book on Monty Python's Life of Brian. Yes, it's a hardcover.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 07:09 PM   #92
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Well, turns out I cannot read this moth's book as I lent my 505 to my mother-in-law while her 500 is away on upgrade. Might have it back on Monday. But if not, I'll ask my wife if I can borrow her 505 after I finish the book on Monty Python's Life of Brian. Yes, it's a hardcover.
You could read it on your PC.
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2009, 11:36 PM   #93
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Of the nine nominees, I'd already read six.

Not the winner, though - no such luck.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 11:59 PM   #94
yekim54
What the Dog Saw
yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Surface3
Quote:
Originally Posted by khalleron View Post
OK, I'm stumped. Why so many votes for a book no one wants to read?
Only 20% of the votes went for The Trial, that's less than half-way to a majority.
yekim54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 12:11 AM   #95
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by yekim54 View Post
Only 20% of the votes went for The Trial, that's less than half-way to a majority.
Yes, but no other got more than 20%... so your point is?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-25-2009, 10:37 AM   #96
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by khalleron View Post
OK, I'm stumped. Why so many votes for a book no one wants to read?

Or almost no one, anyway.
I'm reading it - just not finished yet, I started late. I'm treating much like a puzzle. The events in the book can so obviously be read as symbolic of something else, so I'm noting all those things that could be the key to understanding what Kafka may have meant. It gets really interesting that way.
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 04:10 AM   #97
hanchn
hanchn began at the beginning.

Device: None
anyone can send me a link for Around the World in 80 Days?
I'v searched for a while,but found nothing.

many thanks
hanchn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 04:18 AM   #98
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
on MR LRF https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10293

On MR Mobi / Prc https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21072

Project Gutenberg http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/103
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 04:21 AM   #99
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanchn View Post
anyone can send me a link for Around the World in 80 Days?
I'v searched for a while,but found nothing.

many thanks
Have you looked in MobileRead's own E-Books section:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/ebo...&sort=dateline

It appears to be available in both Mobipocket (.prc) and Sony (.lrf) format:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21072
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10293

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote