Notices

Old 05-16-2012, 12:52 PM   #1
tjsoundguy
Enthusiast
tjsoundguy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire / Touch /Paperwhite
Updating apps: Amazon vs 1Mobile

Hi!

I installed the 1Mobile app a while ago, & I really like how it keeps me notified about app updates.

Amazon's app update notification always seems to be several versions behind, telling me I need to update an app to "their latest version", which is older than what 1mobile says is the current version.

Should I just ignore Amazon's app store notifications?

What do you all do?

Thanks!

T.J.
tjsoundguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 03:42 PM   #2
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Ignore it. I get that all the time too. It's not just on the Fire either.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-17-2012, 05:00 AM   #3
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire (1st Gen), Kindle Touch, KFHD 8.9 No Ads
What I dont like is i never know which site is telling me which is the latest ver
I would have to go and check settings and apps to verify the ver of the app in question
installed and then compare on each site which one was being offered as an update
which is tedious
any better methods or just assume the google play store or 1mobile ver is always the latest?

also does the AZ store assume if the app is a newer ver than what their store has does it think that an older ver of the software on AZ is actually newer??

Last edited by salsaguy; 05-17-2012 at 05:03 AM.
salsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 11:09 AM   #4
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by salsaguy View Post
What I dont like is i never know which site is telling me which is the latest ver
I would have to go and check settings and apps to verify the ver of the app in question
installed and then compare on each site which one was being offered as an update
which is tedious
any better methods or just assume the google play store or 1mobile ver is always the latest?

also does the AZ store assume if the app is a newer ver than what their store has does it think that an older ver of the software on AZ is actually newer??
Always assume the Google Play version is the latest. 1mobile works with developers, but they also go out and add stuff themselves. For example, Flipboard is not officially out yet, but they already have it on their market.

Amazon will throw up updates even if you have the newest version. You just have to make sure you know which apps you got from the Play Store vs Amazon's.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote