Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-31-2010, 10:35 AM   #211
Blusaber
Enthusiast
Blusaber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blusaber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blusaber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blusaber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blusaber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blusaber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blusaber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blusaber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blusaber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blusaber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blusaber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Sony PRS-505,JBL,Sony PRS350,Nook Color,Kindle 3
Hi gentle people of mobileread

When I download a book from the library it goes directly into my reader library software it never shows up in the ADE software. I'm using a Sony 505 now. I just ordered a JBL. Will it show up as a device in the reader library software or is that software only for the Sony?

Thank you

Gary
Blusaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 11:25 AM   #212
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
ADE software is for numerous devices, it's the viewer for epub books ....

There's a little bit of info here in the wiki .
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 10:51 PM   #213
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The problem is that you allowed Reader Library to take over .acsm files used to tell ADE what to download. Reader Library did give you the option to take control or not when you installed Reader Library. What you need to do now is tell Windows that ADE is in charge of .acsm and .epub.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 12:59 PM   #214
Blusaber
Enthusiast
Blusaber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blusaber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blusaber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blusaber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blusaber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blusaber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blusaber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blusaber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blusaber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blusaber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blusaber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The problem is that you allowed Reader Library to take over .acsm files used to tell ADE what to download. Reader Library did give you the option to take control or not when you installed Reader Library. What you need to do now is tell Windows that ADE is in charge of .acsm and .epub.

Perfect That's what I needed to know

Thank you so much You have made my day and weekend I appreciate you taking the time to read my post and help me.

Gary

Last edited by Blusaber; 08-01-2010 at 01:10 PM.
Old 08-01-2010, 01:51 PM   #215
Blusaber
Enthusiast

Hi

Now what happens is books download to ADE but when I transfer them to the reader they won't open it says protected page I have authorized the computer> I imported the file to the reader library then transfered to the 505 same thing proteced page. The device shows up in ADE I cannot find anywhere in menues to authorize the device like it shows for the computer its self

*****Sorted out I needed to run the file when I was downloading if I downloaded the ASCM file to a folder then double click it it would launch ADE and the book show up but not work on the reader after transfer. Running the file and letting ADE do the download all is well*****

Gary

Last edited by Blusaber; 08-01-2010 at 02:18 PM.
Old 08-02-2010, 04:44 PM   #216
texasnightowl
Guru
texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, K4B(NT), K3/KK
edit: moving to another thread

Last edited by texasnightowl; 08-03-2010 at 10:46 AM.
texasnightowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 11:23 AM   #217
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
I've ordered a Sony reader that should arrive later this week, but in the meanwhile I'm a bit confused about something - OverDrive instructions insist one must have Sony software installed, but can one then ignore it and transfer via ADE anyway?

Thanks!
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 06:25 AM   #218
Freckles
Freckles began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505, ipod touch, awaiting Astak EzReader
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaBookGuy View Post
I've ordered a Sony reader that should arrive later this week, but in the meanwhile I'm a bit confused about something - OverDrive instructions insist one must have Sony software installed, but can one then ignore it and transfer via ADE anyway?

Thanks!
Yes, you can transfer via ADE -- Sony software not required. Just make sure you authorise your reader to ADE before downloading books. When downloading your book click 'open' and not 'save'.
Freckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 12:19 PM   #219
mikaelalind
Fanatic
mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Cybook Odessey
My reader is authorized, with both Sony and ADE. It can read bought DRM'd e-books fine. It can read books from swedish libraries, just fine. But books from Philadelphia Free library? It is a hit or miss. I can open a book on the reader. Then I stop reading. Or decide I am in the mood for another genre. When I want to continue to read the first book, I cannot open it! I get the Protected page sign.
mikaelalind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 01:00 PM   #220
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Are you mixing Epub and PDF books? If your American library book is in one of those formats, I believe you cannot switch to a book in the other one.
Old 08-31-2010, 03:51 PM   #221
eGeezer
NE1 seen my glasses?
eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Nook Glowlight (following previous nook STR and STR w/GL)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaBookGuy View Post
Are you mixing Epub and PDF books? If your American library book is in one of those formats, I believe you cannot switch to a book in the other one.
Yeah, I've heard that's a Sony complaint regarding Overdrive. Haven't had the problem with my Astak. But it should just be a matter of not transferring (or temporarily deleting from the reader) one type until you are done reading the book(s) of the other type.
eGeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 06:00 PM   #222
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?

I've actually run into a nasty mess trying to transfer a couple of books via ADE; I switched over to Sony Library and everything's just fine!
Old 09-02-2010, 09:14 AM   #223
wachuko
eBook Worm
wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/ Sony PRS-505/PRS-600 Silver/PRS-T1
We used this capability this summer with my children... it was great! Each got to read 7-8 books. Process was easy and only limited by the amount of copies available for download (so those went into the queue for when they became available).
wachuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 11:20 AM   #224
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?

I'm interested to know whether the new models' (350, etc.) firmware has fixed the Epub vs. PDF conflict.
I mentioned on the bus to a couple of other e-book enthusiasts how Sony had fixed it for the 900, but refused to go back and issue new firmware for the older models with the problem; they were horrified: "How lazy is THAT!"
Old 09-09-2010, 12:15 PM   #225
scrumhalf
scrumhalf began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
"O to be in England!"

Does anyone known if any English public libraries have ebook lending services. My own in the rural midlands doesn't yet.
scrumhalf is offline   Reply With Quote