Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-09-2010, 10:39 PM   #1
rahulm
Zealot
rahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: None
Question on how Calibre converts

Hi guys,

Just had a quick question. Say I have a book in .lit format. I click convert and it converts it to .LRF. Now I wish to convert to .ePub.

Will Calibre convert from the .lit or from the newly created LRF?
Is there a difference? Which format is best to keep as a source format?

Any information would be helpful because I often wonder if I could have gotten better conversion using one format over the other.

Last edited by rahulm; 06-09-2010 at 10:42 PM.
rahulm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 01:11 AM   #2
toddos
Guru
toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Nokia Lumia 920 (Freda)
You can choose whatever you would like to convert from using the dropdown on the top-left of the convert dialog. I tend to go from source->epub->lrf and the lrf conversion always starts from the epub by default. I don't know if it would start from source or lrf if I went the other way around.
toddos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2010, 01:15 AM   #3
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
LIT and ePub are very similar, so I would definitely start from LIT.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote