Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-03-2009, 08:41 PM   #16
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Is he not a penguin?
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 08:43 PM   #17
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
He is, but I was deliberately misunderstanding you for the humour value
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2009, 08:45 PM   #18
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I knew so I played along.

You really have to hang around somewhere else than in penguin bars. Personally I wouldn't. I hate fish.
Old 06-04-2009, 02:14 AM   #19
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post

I got out of the truck and went to a bar that had an open air ceiling. The bar was in Hawaii. (GraceKrispy's influence?).

I go back to the bar and am suddenly naked. I am trying to cover my...embarassment when a policeman approaches and asked "are you the one?" and I say "yes" and he hands me a stack of traffic violations worth thousands of dollars.

Anybody else want to reveal their Crazy Dreams?
(I believe I read a recent dream of RM's)

WDE. (WildDreamsExtreme)
So, let me get this straight... you were naked in a local bar? And I missed it? My dream last night wasnt even close (and I have a habit of lucid dreaming, but less often when I am stressed, which I am lately).

Lately, I see to be having a lot of dreams where I am required to pee (or the other thing) and shower in a community bathroom with no doors and full of my students and parents. Not surprisingly, I have trouble "going" and I spend the entire dream trying to find a place to hide in the bathroom and get my business done. I'm sure there is some deep psychological meaning to that. I'd rather be naked in a bar, getting served drinks and thousand dollar tickets.
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 07:09 AM   #20
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User

I do have lucid dreams but they're closer to being awake and don't involve fantasy. In such dreams I am totally aware of my surroundings and completely paralysed. It is during such an occurence that I found out that I snored LOUDLY... pretty loudly and I couldn't stop.
Advert
Old 06-04-2009, 08:49 AM   #21
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Yeah, I know what you mean, Yvan. I have lewd dreams, too. Oh, wait! You said lucid. Never mind.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 08:57 AM   #22
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Yeah, I know what you mean, Yvan. I have lewd dreams, too. Oh, wait! You said lucid. Never mind.
tch, tch, tch.

Name:  exhibitionist.gif
Views: 128
Size:  4.5 KB
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 09:07 AM   #23
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
This is going to be a profitable thread for me, I can see that now.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 09:12 AM   #24
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've had some pretty lucid dreams. The ones I remember best are the ones when I (rarely) sleep in late. I remember one in particular where I looked out from the coast and saw the sun setting behind some mountains on a very distant land across a sea. The sky behind the mountains was a beautiful reddish color as the sun set (or rose). Off to the right, I saw some distant birds which, as I looked more carefully, were crows and as they began flying and circling towards me, I saw the sea was now solid ice and snow. I backed my car (where did that come from?) up along side the curb of the school parking lot (huh??) but kissed the curb with the tires and I began waking up. At about this point, I heard an incredibly clear voice say "He's wearing a naval (or navel) pin." - the only time I've ever heard voices. I'm sure Jung or Freud would have had fun with me. But my completely uneducated guess is that dreams are pretty meaningless wanderings of the mind and have about as much "meaning" as my next flatulence.
Old 06-04-2009, 09:18 AM   #25
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Lucid dreams for me seem to meander around the same sort of situation. Largely one where I'm due to sit down to an exam/go to interview without any prior preparation, including going to classes/homework etc. Not only that but I have to pass and I can't understand what the 'problem' is .....

Other 'lucid' dreams are, I'm afraid, not fit for writing about on this forum ... :coughs:
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 09:25 AM   #26
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
Lucid dreams for me seem to meander around the same sort of situation. Largely one where I'm due to sit down to an exam/go to interview without any prior preparation, including going to classes/homework etc. Not only that but I have to pass and I can't understand what the 'problem' is .....

Other 'lucid' dreams are, I'm afraid, not fit for writing about on this forum ... :coughs:
I have spent many a night looking endlessly for a classroom or exam room to write a test that I haven't studied for. Running up and down hallways, looking in classroom doors, up to the next level to do the same, on to the next building to continue the search. If these had been lucid dreams I would have simply went *poit, and moved on, I'm *not* afraid, to the more unmentionalable kind of dream.

WDE (WetDreamsEverybody)
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 09:28 AM   #27
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?

Quote:
I love those dreams, don't you? I still get them now and then. My last one was about spending a little time at the campus student union building, scanning the day's newspaper, and then realizing I had a final exam. I walked to the final but realized that I had never actually bothered to go to the class. One of my daughters complained a year ago that she was has having similar dreams but I could only laugh and told her that she should do the same. When I mentioned it at the lunch table, all of my colleagues said they had the same kind of dream many times and some of them still do even though we all graduated from college or graduate school decades ago.

Quote:
Drat!
Old 06-04-2009, 09:29 AM   #28
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
I've had some pretty lucid dreams. The ones I remember best are the ones when I (rarely) sleep in late. I remember one in particular where I looked out from the coast and saw the sun setting behind some mountains on a very distant land across a sea. The sky behind the mountains was a beautiful reddish color as the sun set (or rose). Off to the right, I saw some distant birds which, as I looked more carefully, were crows and as they began flying and circling towards me, I saw the sea was now solid ice and snow. I backed my car (where did that come from?) up along side the curb of the school parking lot (huh??) but kissed the curb with the tires and I began waking up. At about this point, I heard an incredibly clear voice say "He's wearing a naval (or navel) pin." - the only time I've ever heard voices. I'm sure Jung or Freud would have had fun with me. But my completely uneducated guess is that dreams are pretty meaningless wanderings of the mind and have about as much "meaning" as my next flatulence.
We tried analyzing flatulence once, but gave it up as a bad egg...
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 09:37 AM   #29
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
We tried analyzing flatulence once, but gave it up as a bad egg...

and you probably still charged $300 & VAT ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 11:52 AM   #30
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
oh my gosh miniature penguin bars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah so last nights offerings ended up with me giving a boy scout troop that was sponsored by a mormon church search and rescue and extreme camping training. their troop mascot was Quan Yin (now remember they were sponsored by the Mormons!) that would occasionally manifest as Kali. they took a statue of her on all of their outings and one night around the fire, Kali not only manifested, but ook her agressions out on the unsuspecting troop. this one (fortunately! as they were EXHAUSTING me!) was not at all sexual, but was extremely violent!
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote