tmmurphy began at the beginning.

Device: none
Cool Introducing me

Hello all from snowy Iowa!
tmmurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 09:40 AM   #2
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Welcome to MR from rainy Alabama.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-27-2009, 10:02 AM   #3
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
And from moderate and rainy (yesterday) to cold and snowy (today) Chicago.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 12:07 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi tmmurphy and welcome to the Forum from overcast Virginia
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 02:16 PM   #5
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmmurphy View Post
Hello all from snowy Iowa!

Welcome to MobileRead, tmmurphy.......from Sunny, warm Arizona.

Which reader device are your considering?

Did you know we have thousands of books available for download here........e-book reader NOT required?

check us out!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2009, 05:40 PM   #6
tmmurphy

I am horribly under-informed on the different readers available. Saw the Kindle on Amazon and was quite intrigued. Thought it was really cool and wanted one immediately, but my sensible hubby comes up with many reasons not to get one such as limited resources for books, expense, becoming obsolete sooner than later to make room for another "new and improved" model, etc. I have been trying to find info on the different readers available to provide him with a comparison so I can justify getting a reader of some kind.
Old 03-06-2009, 05:42 PM   #7
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
I am horribly under-informed on the different readers available. Saw the Kindle on Amazon and was quite intrigued. Thought it was really cool and wanted one immediately, but my sensible hubby comes up with many reasons not to get one such as limited resources for books, expense, becoming obsolete sooner than later to make room for another "new and improved" model, etc. I have been trying to find info on the different readers available to provide him with a comparison so I can justify getting a reader of some kind.
But, it was ok to buy a car and computer and cell phone? Those "reasons" apply to all of those to.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 03:56 AM   #8
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Welcome!! Iowa rocks! I hope you get your reader. I can't imagine life without it
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 09:11 PM   #9
tmmurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
But, it was ok to buy a car and computer and cell phone? Those "reasons" apply to all of those to.

BOb
He was just as cautious purchasing those things as well. Can be extremely annoying at times to have to wait when I just want to click, click, submit and have my order placed.
Old 03-08-2009, 09:13 PM   #10
tmmurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Welcome to MobileRead, tmmurphy.......from Sunny, warm Arizona.

Which reader device are your considering?

Did you know we have thousands of books available for download here........e-book reader NOT required?

check us out!
I am jealous of your warm and sunny-ness! Our snow is gone but has been replaced by lots and lots of rain.

I would like a Kindle, but don't know enough about what else is out there. I am glad I found this site to get "real life" info on what's available out there. I appreciate the candid comments from users and the helpful hints.
Old 03-08-2009, 09:37 PM   #11
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Well, he's dead wrong on the "limited resources for books" ....

and he's right/wrong depending on how much you normally spend on books each year .... I've already made up the cost of my Kindles in savings on best sellers and all the free classic literature.

As for being obsolete, my Kindles have been replaced by the Kindle II .... and that certainly didn't render them obsolete. In fact, I prefer the mark I over the mark II.

So .... in essence, while I'm sure he's a wonderful person and was a great catch as a husband, he doesn't know what the heck he's talking about when it comes to ebook readers.

As to what you should buy ... in the long run, most of the popular ebook readers are more or less the same as far as access to books and cost ... give or take a $100 or so. Best idea is to decide what you want in a device and work from there.

So .... what do YOU want?? Be specific and maybe it will make it easier for you to decide on the type of reader that is best for you.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote