Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-14-2009, 03:07 AM   #1
sianon
Addict
sianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony 500, Bebook, Kindle, Eco reader Drs and soon the Archos 9
What is going on at Books onBoard

I just logged on to my BooksonBoard account and there appear to be several titles missing. There are also many titles that bear the following message:

Error Code: -1
Error Description: Unable to insert a new transaction: book not available for purchase.
Please copy and paste this error in an email to support@booksonboard.com

These books all appear to be ones supplied by the PX distributor and affect mobipocket files.

This is becoming a very worrying trend at the moment. Luckily after the announcement by Fictionwise that Overdrive were ceasing supply, I downloaded all my books from Books on Board as well as those from Fictionwise so that I have them all backed up.

Karen
sianon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 07:35 AM   #2
jlbfoot
idiot
jlbfoot began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505, 300, and 650
I don't know the answer, but, just to confirm, one of my books has the same error message.
jlbfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2009, 10:22 AM   #3
KJohnson
KJohnson has learned how to read e-booksKJohnson has learned how to read e-booksKJohnson has learned how to read e-booksKJohnson has learned how to read e-booksKJohnson has learned how to read e-booksKJohnson has learned how to read e-booksKJohnson has learned how to read e-booksKJohnson has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony505
We have temporarily removed all Mobipocket PX books from sale while we sort through problems created by one of the publishers that pulled all of its titles from the US distributors, including Mobipocket PX, without notice over the weekend.

Mobipocket.com (our Mobipocket PX format) is generating an error message for those titles. That message is confusing to our customers and we chose to shut off Mobipocket PX sales until we can understand what's happening, and how to adjust it. This was done in order to protect our customers from paying for product that they may not receive.

The precipitous action of the large publisher in question has created a difficult situation for Mobipocket and for US resellers in general. We are proceeding very cautiously with the first priority being to protect the investment in ebooks of our existing customers. We are hopeful that this situation will be entirely resolved quickly.

Sincere regards,

Kurt Johnson
BooksOnBoard
KJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 10:52 AM   #4
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
Thank you for the heads up Kurt.
Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 10:17 PM   #5
nohmi2
Pensively observing.
nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Varied.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by sianon View Post
I just logged on to my BooksonBoard account and there appear to be several titles missing. There are also many titles that bear the following message:

Error Code: -1
Error Description: Unable to insert a new transaction: book not available for purchase.
Please copy and paste this error in an email to support@booksonboard.com

These books all appear to be ones supplied by the PX distributor and affect mobipocket files.

This is becoming a very worrying trend at the moment. Luckily after the announcement by Fictionwise that Overdrive were ceasing supply, I downloaded all my books from Books on Board as well as those from Fictionwise so that I have them all backed up.

Karen
I read your post yesterday and downloaded what books I could thanks to your diligence.
T
nohmi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2009, 11:03 PM   #6
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
I'm guessing the publisher is Hachette Book Group? They've pulled their stuff from Mobipocket, hopefully temporarily, because they want more country restrictions on who can buy their books or something IIRC.

It's not just Mobi books that seem to have stuff going on though. I noticed a couple of books that have been out well over a year are now (in all the big formats) all of the sudden pre-orders for upcoming months at BoB even though other sellers still offer them (these particular books were from Penguin).
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote