Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 07-06-2012, 02:00 PM   #1
Malach
Malach began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Convert manga to LRF,EPUB with lanscape problem

I'm sorry to revive such an old tread but i am having the same exact problem for manga on my prs-t1 and i can't find a solution. I tried "sony landscape" which gave me near perfect result (full widht and correct aspect ratio) except the page is about 70% drawn and the rest isn't; it jump to next page on button because the reader simply cut everything below the screen. When i try the generic "sony reader" the result is far worse, in landscape theres 2 huge white margin with the small image in center and image is also cut at bottom.

If anyone can help me i'd be really gratefull, im such a noob at this.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 07-07-2012 at 01:20 AM.
Malach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 01:24 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Welcome to Mobileread.

Moderator Notice
I moved your post to its own thread. The previous thread was resolved successfully so your problem isn't exactly the same. I did edit your post to link back to the thread you thought exactly matched your situation. Hopefully someone with more insight will be along soon.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2012, 09:19 AM   #3
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
What are the sizes of your images? EPUB can barf if they are bigger than the screen.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 10:15 AM   #4
Malach
Malach began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
hi

the current one im trying to do are about 1035x1502 +- 690Ko Jpg's(and varies from one to another). In a last attempt i also tried to resize manually to 590 width with variable height (keeping ratio gave me 590x856 +-448Ko) and tried converting it inside calibre after with no success. My book have around 16 pages, I wonder if i am just missing an option in calibre or sumthing similar? ; trying to do cbz > epub.

thanks for replying man, im so lost in the "ebook" universe hehe.
Malach is offline   Reply With Quote