Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 06-09-2011, 02:18 PM   #1
mr_ed
Connoisseur
mr_ed began at the beginning.

Device: been e-reading since Handspring's first PDA
Rooted PE dingo? Older version?

I spent a little while beating on my PE, which I'd boosted to ermine and then taken back to dingo just for funsies. I thought I'd see if I could migrate gapps onto it since I have a rooted HTC G1/Dream at 1.6/Donut.

But the recovery dingo that Entourage posted ("So you messed up with the ermine beta and wanna go back now, huh?") put the device at 1.13.

I'm not sure why z4root doesn't quite work. It says it roots. Run it again and it says it's still rooted. Universal Androot says the same thing, but Titanium Backup says no, and so does Root Explorer.

There's still the prompt for a password to enter debug mode, but the only password I've seen doesn't work.

First off, ideally, does anyone have a dingo PE that was rooted in some way other than through ADB, and what version is it and how did you do it? Actually, ideally it's rooted and running the full set of gapps already.

Or ... does anyone have any rooted dingo PE? Or even one they haven't rooted but know is running a version that can be rooted?

10-Q!

-- Ed
mr_ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 02:34 PM   #2
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

Device: eDGe
I don't know if I can answer your main question, but z4root is only for use with 2.2, as well as Universal Androot I believe, so they will probably have weird output if you are on 1.6. Also, I remember seeing some threads on the old boards on the same topic, you might want to search through the archive(either the one on mobileread or one of the other two) and see if you can get an answer there...
emusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2011, 07:05 PM   #3
kennyminot
Groupie
kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.

Device: HTC EVO View 4G, HTC Wildfire S, Asus T91MT
Try these instructions:

http://www.androidpolice.com/2010/08...-instructions/

K
kennyminot is offline   Reply With Quote