Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 02-06-2013, 05:34 AM   #16
BWinmill
Nameless Being

I do not understand that site. Is it an online magazine about books and authors? A book store? Why should I sign up or login? What is this book's you'll love thing in the middle of the page? Why is the today in history feature thing near the bottom of the page (or on the page at all)? Why are there ads at the bottom, and a non clickable thing that looks like an ad at the top? What does the site icon represent.

I have no incentive to go back. I don't know what the site is supposed to be used for and the design is scatterbrained.
Old 02-06-2013, 05:34 AM   #17
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
Well, that's confusing. I thought this thread was going to be talking about major* Australian ebook site Booki.sh, which has been around for several years.
I see a lawsuit
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2013, 05:39 AM   #18
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Well; I better not link to the site, because I have nothing but disparaging thoughts about them
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:36 AM   #19
tecweston
Comic book artist
tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight, iPad, iPhone
Okay I just signed up, but I'm confused. When reading about it, it seemed like the site keeps track of books you like and gives you recommendations based on those. Like a Netflix for books. So I went through my book list from this forum for 2012 and 2013 and added ratings for every book I've read, but I can't seem to figure out how to get recommendations based on those.

There's a recommendation page, but it just asks you to type in a book you like and it tells you two or three books you might like based on that one book, but it includes books I've already read! I don't understand what the point is to rating books then, if I can't get recommendations.
tecweston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:06 PM   #20
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Hey, cut 'em some slack! Publishers are still trying to get their heads around all this new-fangled, technological hoobie-whatie that has layed siege to their castle. You can't expect them to instantly master all the stuff they've been trying to ignore for years—convincing themselves it was just a fad. It'll take some time. But I bet they'll be caught up to 2006 in no time!
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2013, 01:30 PM   #21
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Hey, cut 'em some slack! Publishers are still trying to get their heads around all this new-fangled, technological hoobie-whatie that has layed siege to their castle. You can't expect them to instantly master all the stuff they've been trying to ignore for years—convincing themselves it was just a fad. It'll take some time. But I bet they'll be caught up to 2006 in no time!

Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:34 PM   #22
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
Am i the only person who has no interest in social reading networks?

I wouldn't mind a good recommendation site, but bookish bombed out on the few books I entered looking for like books. Not very useful, at least to me.
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:14 PM   #23
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
I just installed their app on my Nexus 7. This might be the worst excuse for an app I have ever seen. It came with a Bookish user guide, but I can't find any settings except brightness and night mode so I can't even read it! I also don't see a way to add books I already own - not that it would make a difference since I can't read it unless I can increase the font size.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:14 PM   #24
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Firefox with NoScript here. Even with all scripts permitted it doesn't work with Firefox -- the display is screwed up, and it won't process a search request.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:57 PM   #25
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
Firefox with NoScript here. Even with all scripts permitted it doesn't work with Firefox -- the display is screwed up, and it won't process a search request.
Firefox here with AdBlockPlus and FlashBlock and it works fine.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:58 PM   #26
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

So what format are the eBooks?
Old 02-06-2013, 08:06 PM   #27
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Firefox here with AdBlockPlus and FlashBlock and it works fine.
Hmmm. Just tried it again. Using Firefox 18.0.2 (latest) on Ubuntu. All scripts permitted, still screwed up.

In particular, the "It's Never Been Easier To Find BOOKS YOU'LL LOVE" text overprints the search box, and the box won't accept any title I give it.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:08 PM   #28
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
So what format are the eBooks?
ADE ePub. Plus, of course, they have links to other retailers with their applicable formats.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:25 PM   #29
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
In particular, the "It's Never Been Easier To Find BOOKS YOU'LL LOVE" text overprints the search box, and the box won't accept any title I give it.
Yep... Pretty much what I'm seeing. Ubuntu 10.04 and and Firefox 18.0.1
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:19 PM   #30
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
ADE ePub. Plus, of course, they have links to other retailers with their applicable formats.
Thanks. I cannot buy the eBook I want at B&N because the price is higher and I cannot buy it at BooksOnBoard because somehow they don;t have it when they should. My two choices are Bookish or Google Books to get it at the same price as Amazon. Kobo & Sony have it at the same price as B&N.

$7.99 vs. $7.59