Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-12-2006, 07:34 AM   #1
hkabir
e-bookviner
hkabir began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPodTouch
How to re-size pdf file for sony reader?

Can we really re-size a pdf file to fit the Sony Reader? I would be helpful to read on reader since most of the pdf files are basically in A4 size. Any idea?
hkabir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 07:43 AM   #2
Slava
Addict
Slava doesn't litterSlava doesn't litter

Device: PRS-500 · iPad · K3
I tried CutePDF Professional that claims that it can "Resize Pages to any Paper Size".

It didn't work well. And I suspect the only way to do it properly, is to convert PDF to RTF and manually repaginate document. Especially if PDF has small details/fonts, charts, tables, etc.

Last edited by Slava; 10-12-2006 at 08:13 AM.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2006, 09:29 AM   #3
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava
I suspect the only way to do it properly, is to convert PDF to RTF and manually repaginate document. Especially if PDF has small details/fonts, charts, tables, etc.
Have we established an easy and effective way to go from PDF to RTF?
Personally, I do like the RTF documents on the Reader. Fast initial loading and page turns. As good as BBeB I think.

Only linking and fancy layouts seem to be missing, so it's probably good enough for 95% of us.

My luck has not been so good with PDF to text/rtf in the past, because headers, multi-column text and tables get messed up, and often it seems to just end up a mess. Not even sure if end of line marks worked out right. Maybe some of the new tools that are being discussed apply and are much better?
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 10:01 AM   #4
segatang
Connoisseur
segatang has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kolin i-library
You can try the VeryPDF's advanced PDF tool 2.0.
http://www.verypdf.com/pdfinfoeditor/index.html
It claims the page size can be modified, etc.

Last edited by segatang; 10-12-2006 at 10:05 AM.
segatang is offline   Reply With Quote