Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 02-18-2009, 03:16 AM   #1
Pulp
Palm Addict
Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3 [512mb, FW: 1.5]
Adobe PDF and EPUB will be present in Bookeen products

It's official - posted on bookeen's blog today:

Quote:
Bookeen has signed an agreement with Adobe to license the Adobe Reader Mobile SDK for its products.
The new software engine delivers support for reflowable PDF technology, Adobe’s content protection technology, as well as the EPUB file format, an XML-based eBook standard with broad support from the publishing industry.
The Bookeen products will be compatible with Adobe Digital Edition Desktop application (compatible both on PCs and Macs) enabling users to acquire and download their content from a variety of sources.
Both the PDF and EPUB support will become available through a software release scheduled in quarter 1 2009, more details will follow later.
Keep your fingers crossed!
Pulp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 03:36 AM   #2
ErwinOtten
Addict
ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Cybook G3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulp View Post
It's official - posted on bookeen's blog today:

Keep your fingers crossed!
EUH........ Joerg_Mosthaf beat you by a day in this thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39273

But the news stays welcome
ErwinOtten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-18-2009, 04:25 AM   #3
Pulp
Palm Addict
Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3 [512mb, FW: 1.5]
When you wrote the post there was no official statement statement from bookeen, now there is and it includes a little info on the time of the release, that's why I posted this one in the news section - but ofc. feel free to merge/kill the thread if you feel like it
Pulp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 04:47 AM   #4
ErwinOtten
Addict
ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Cybook G3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulp View Post
When you wrote the post there was no official statement statement from bookeen, now there is and it includes a little info on the time of the release, that's why I posted this one in the news section - but ofc. feel free to merge/kill the thread if you feel like it
I don't want to turn this into a 'YES I Did, NO you didn't'-argument, but I only stated that Joerg_Mosthaf posted the exact same blog (indeed in the thread I started) at 6 PM (GMT +1) yesterday evening. You are right I hadn't seen the blog when I started the post, but it's already mentioned in the thread further on.

But no harm done, now the whole community knows what an improvement (I hope) the Cybook is going to get, and not only the cybook-nerds in our own sub-forum
ErwinOtten is offline   Reply With Quote