Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-16-2012, 03:13 PM   #736
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
I need some rest before restarting. last days were busy. (undertaking a translator exam; will post about this in another thread) when back I don't intend to change nicks since I always was Freeshadow when internauting. to all who counted on more gifts for the last cycles - sorry for having missed some.
Esp. for you Elfwreck, since it was me who pulled you in, so I feel a bit responsible and double times sorry
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 07:59 PM   #737
rolalinii
Ghost
rolalinii could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rolalinii could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rolalinii could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rolalinii could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rolalinii could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rolalinii could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rolalinii could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rolalinii could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rolalinii could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rolalinii could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rolalinii could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kindle
Hild is back also
rolalinii is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-16-2012, 11:56 PM   #738
Pegster
Devourer of Books
Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-350, Sony PRS-T1, Samsung S5
I'm back as Kalethea - and not doing quite as well this time! Everything is in the red - I'm near enough hoping for the crows to see if that helps me recover...!
Pegster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 12:02 AM   #739
nightcolors
Enthusiast
nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS700, T1, Kobo Libra
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
Martin has been a tester since alpha/early beta.

Already I have one in the red (yes, on all three lines), due to surging the new city core created by a project.

p.s. Bob says we can't make it to level 30 with billions in the red, if anyone is looking for a challenge...
Yes, he seems to be very good at trying different things out and posting about it in details when he spots a problem. As for me, other than a different political setting, I noticed I was following pretty much the same pattern with the second freehold I set up during the beta. So just one freehold for me.

I'm playing so safe, with everything in the green, that I don't have enough money to grow the grid right now. Being a good leader is kinda boring. The temptation to surge the new core is very high.
nightcolors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 12:10 AM   #740
mnfe
Connoisseur
mnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with others

Device: none
Haha. Go for it. I'm going to be rolling in bucks the next cycle, and I managed to get it so nobody is dying from starvation. So what if energy and food is red? The people are happy....

(actually....don't do it and then level up when you're only halfway out of the hole. Really.)
mnfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2012, 12:15 AM   #741
nightcolors
Enthusiast
nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnfe View Post
Haha. Go for it. I'm going to be rolling in bucks the next cycle, and I managed to get it so nobody is dying from starvation. So what if energy and food is red? The people are happy....

(actually....don't do it and then level up when you're only halfway out of the hole. Really.)
LOL! Thanks for the tip. I'm going to try to resist at least until tomorrow.
Old 06-17-2012, 12:37 AM   #742
mnfe
Connoisseur
mnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with others

I may have to start over. I don't know if I can pull out of surging that core. *sigh* Maybe I will try switching to a totalitarian regime.
Old 06-17-2012, 12:48 AM   #743
mnfe
Connoisseur

I just reset. At least I wasn't too far in....Trying a different tact this time.
Old 06-17-2012, 01:01 AM   #744
nightcolors
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnfe View Post
I just reset. At least I wasn't too far in....Trying a different tact this time.
I noticed you disappeared from my alliance joined list. Hope it goes better for you this time around.

I'm pretty close to having just enough bucks to buy the 7x7 grid. One more cycle should do it.
Old 06-17-2012, 01:11 AM   #745
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
My advice for people just starting is to ignore the tutorial/walkthrough, spend your initial 10,000 Bucks on Houses of Ill Repute to put on the Quick Charge Squares (500 Bucks per cycle! 3750 per surge! better than anything else on the market, including the project-boosted stuff) and build up a whole bunch of Bucks to subsidize your expenditures.

And then once you get to level 2, buy up a couple of Bio Trap factories as soon as you can afford it to suppress the Pop surge from the Factory Town (and buy and arrange the Bliss-suppressing Project components), and then surging that will keep you in Energy, Food, and Military (plus some extra Bucks) in one go.

I'd actually advocate ignoring the projects and levelling until you can afford a 7x7 grid to put more Houses of Ill Repute/other stuff on, and selling off the low-earning project components as soon as you can.

BTW, don't upgrade your Houses of Ill Repute. It significantly lowers the value per surge point.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 01:12 AM   #746
mnfe
Connoisseur

Just reallied with as many people as I could remember. So far...still green!
Old 06-17-2012, 01:33 AM   #747
nightcolors
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post
BTW, don't upgrade your Houses of Ill Repute. It significantly lowers the value per surge point.
Thank you! I'd been about to try upgrading one to see what happens.
Old 06-17-2012, 10:23 AM   #748
theenframed
Enthusiast
theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.

My stats so far:

LEVEL 4
Baen Bucks: 1,336
Baen Bliss: 23,971
Population: 27,760
Food: 45,498
Energy: 31,846
Military: 26,060
Surge Pts Left this Cycle: 0/20
Total Bucks per Cycle: 55,614
from Assets: 2,458
from Pop.: 111,040
Political Adj to Asset Bucks: -75%
Bliss - Base Need: -24,609
Low-Bliss Cost: -57,884
Energy - Base Need: -37,554
Low-Energy Bliss Cost: -54%
Food - Base Need: -23,902
Low Food Bliss Pct Penalty: -69%
Famine Pop. Loss: 5,275

Not good at all! Maybe a reset is needed?
theenframed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 10:39 AM   #749
Pegster
Devourer of Books
Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-350, Sony PRS-T1, Samsung S5
This is me:-

Level 5
Baen Bucks: 80,899
Baen Bliss: 25,156
Population: 39,095
Food: 66,564
Energy: 61,292
Military: 53,730
Surge Pts Left this Cycle: 0/25
Total Bucks per Cycle: 73,730
from Assets: 34,931
from Pop.: 195,475
Political Adj to Asset Bucks: +50%
Bliss - Base Need: -53,034
Low-Bliss Cost: -156,676
Energy - Base Need: -55,993
Low-Energy Bliss Cost: -48%
Food - Base Need: -50,721
Low Food Bliss Pct Penalty: -86%
Famine Pop. Loss: 14,075

I think I'm going to have to reset as I can't see me getting out of this at all! Silly question time... how do you reset?

ETA - Nevermind - found it!

Last edited by Pegster; 06-17-2012 at 10:42 AM.
Pegster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 11:06 AM   #750
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcolors View Post
Yes, he seems to be very good at trying different things out and posting about it in details when he spots a problem. As for me, other than a different political setting, I noticed I was following pretty much the same pattern with the second freehold I set up during the beta. So just one freehold for me.

I'm playing so safe, with everything in the green, that I don't have enough money to grow the grid right now. Being a good leader is kinda boring. The temptation to surge the new core is very high.
I'm pretty much all green (one just upleveled and is bleeding bliss until the next cycle, then will be green).

The one that just surged that core without looking - it was in the red by a bunch and I had to work to get into the green, but guess what? It is now leagues beyond the other two (one of which should be further, due to politics, but isn't). All have very different politics, so that does affect how fast they can grow (may have to switch to 50/50 from the -50/-50, effectively mimicking a coup and resulting chaos), just to be able to uplevel in a reasonable time period.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote