Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-22-2011, 02:09 PM   #1
Heathside Boy
HB
Heathside Boy began at the beginning.

Device: Nook for PC / Calibre
Bookmarking

I hope this is the right section from whence to place this problem. Here goes anyway.

I read my first book in Calibre. When I finished reading to a certain point, I clicked on the "Book Mark" icon within Calibre, then the bookmark label so I knew where to begin from when I next wanted to read from the book again. It worked flawlessly on the first book I read.

I started reading a second book and every time I bookmark this particular one, when I revisit the book, it opens up miles upstream from the bookmark I chose.

I have tried resetting from a particular chapter to see if that would rectify the problem, but it hasn't.

Now I have to make a mental note where I last left off from the book because the bookmark never takes me to the right place.

Any ideas where I'm going wrong here? Why did this function work with the first book and not the second?

HB
Heathside Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 03:12 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
What format are these books? This feature will only work correctly if the book is in ePub format.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2011, 08:13 PM   #3
Heathside Boy
HB

Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
What format are these books? This feature will only work correctly if the book is in ePub format.
That would explain quite a lot then. The second book I have started to read is in Mobi format. The first one is in a ePub format.

Well, I guess the answer is to now convert the one in Mobi format to ePub format?

I'll do that then report back. Thanks for the advice

If it works, should I somehow delete the format in Mobi form so it only leaves ePub format?

HB
Old 11-22-2011, 08:25 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathside Boy View Post
I hope this is the right section from whence to place this problem. Here goes anyway.

HB
Moderator Notice
This was NOT the correct place. The sticky at the top of Development states it is for New Program development only. Moved
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 02:32 AM   #5
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
If it works, should I somehow delete the format in Mobi form so it only leaves ePub format?
That is up to you? Personally I tend to not delete the old format in such a case as I may want it again later (disk space is cheap!), whereas others prefer to get rid of formats they no longer want.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2011, 09:38 AM   #6
Heathside Boy
HB

It works now. Thank you very much!

Just a quick question. It shows that the book is now available in the 2 formats, ePub & Mobi. When selected, will it now open in ePub format by default?

Thanks

HB
Old 11-23-2011, 09:59 AM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
It works now. Thank you very much!

Just a quick question. It shows that the book is now available in the 2 formats, ePub & Mobi. When selected, will it now open in ePub format by default?

Thanks

HB
By default.
there is an arrow next to View icon that allows you to select a (available) format to view
(you can also double-click on the desired format in the Metadata edit window)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 11:23 AM   #8
Heathside Boy
HB

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
By default.
there is an arrow next to View icon that allows you to select a (available) format to view
(you can also double-click on the desired format in the Metadata edit window)
Thank you ducks for your help.

Sorry I put the original message in the wrong forum. I had to guess which one was the most appropriate to my question.

HB