Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 03-27-2011, 05:01 PM   #226
robot
Edge User

Whats up? Don't read forum for several weeks, so is there any official post about updates, or a company in general?

Old 03-27-2011, 05:41 PM   #227
sarah11918
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by robot View Post
Whats up? Don't read forum for several weeks, so is there any official post about updates, or a company in general?
Welcome back! No official posts or updates. But there's still a company, since people are still reporting on their customer service experiences.

Advert
Old 03-28-2011, 03:26 PM   #228
mrspaceman
Edge User

for those wondering about how many 1.6 devices are left now go to this page:

http://developer.android.com/resourc...-versions.html

android 1.5 + 1.6 amount to less than 8% of devices connecting to the market.

(oh, and I now have a 10" tablet with capacitive screen running android 2.2 and with the google market on it. it was only 250 GBP too. go look for an Advent Vega, it's brilliant)

Old 03-28-2011, 03:33 PM   #229
lobotom1
Edge User

Wow,

I just got an Edge this morning, and I see the operating system is already almost dead ..... Hope Entourage guys will show this Froyo update. (I know I am an optimist guy ....)

Lobo

Old 03-29-2011, 02:46 AM   #230
dingo
Edge User

I am from Croatia, any tablet on android came here with 2.x OS

all have whole google integration.

just because e-ink this was not in garbage or even drop out of the window.

worst investment of my 600 bucks in my life!

Advert
Old 03-29-2011, 07:21 AM   #231
pirx
Edge User

@dingo et al

Well, thats the point. I do hope for you that you were looking for a device that can do more than just one of those many tablets flying around now.

The eDGe is, in my eyes, for those who want a 9,7 eInk Reader with a touchscreen and (as an extra) a very well done integation of an 1.6 Android Tablet to this reader. And that's what we have got. It was never meant to be a stand-alone-super-duper-android-tablet. There have been better ones around even last year.

It's a device to work with. And that's what one can do very well. Can't see a problem there.

Just my 50 ct.

Old 03-29-2011, 09:07 AM   #232
sarah11918
Edge User

Agreed, prix.

There is still very little out there at all for WRITING on with this technology at this price point. If the writing feature (and proper writing, not where you have to keep your hand off the screen) is important to you, this is the only thing short of a tablet PC worth considering. If you didn't buy this to write on, then you bought the wrong product for your needs.

Old 03-29-2011, 10:36 AM   #233
ubergeek
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah11918 View Post
Agreed, prix.

There is still very little out there at all for WRITING on with this technology at this price point. If the writing feature (and proper writing, not where you have to keep your hand off the screen) is important to you, this is the only thing short of a tablet PC worth considering. If you didn't buy this to write on, then you bought the wrong product for your needs.
Prix and Sarah11918 are dead on.....
I have not found another product that is as versatile and easy to use, for distance learning and research.

Old 03-29-2011, 02:16 PM   #234
brauckmiller
Edge User

All I want is a device that is capable of zooming PDFs to a readable level and support rotation without having to jump through hoops. I was told this would be available soon when I bought my EE in Feb of 2010. Still waiting....

Anyone want to buy an extremely lightly used EE? Midnight Blue version.

Old 03-29-2011, 02:29 PM   #235
sarah11918
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by brauckmiller View Post
Anyone want to buy an extremely lightly used EE? Midnight Blue version.
Don't forget you could also sell parts at a premium. Someone here is missing a stylus, right?

Old 03-29-2011, 07:36 PM   #236
JobooNeedsARefill
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah11918 View Post
Don't forget you could also sell parts at a premium. Someone here is missing a stylus, right?
My kingdom for a stylus!

Thanks to borisb for posting a link to a 3rd party vendor that still has them in stock.

Old 03-29-2011, 07:48 PM   #237
jsfiller
Edge User

I find Kindle good for this. Rotate it to landscape mode and I find PDFs extremely readable.