Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Old 05-21-2010, 04:14 PM   #76
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Thanks kindly to all the mods for that honor! Sorry I didn't post this sooner, but I just now discovered this thread!

I did give you a big nudge, or a little slip (I can't remember) ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
THREE CHEERS FOR THE GREEN MACHINE ! ! !

I don't remember having had this much unbridled fun on these pages. I've laughed so much at times that I really thought I might join NatCh in the injured spleen brigade...

And congratulations to the winners and mostly to those who found the solution. I stopped tracking the killer at some point just happy to have a laugh...

Alex! .... thank you...
I believe I agree wholeheartedly ....

....now when's pshrynks funeral, or has he been through the time portal again, and back to the beginning ...
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 04:26 PM   #77
nikkie
Guru
nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: Android, Kindle Paperwhite, lots of ancient readers
Thanks everyone!!! I'm so excited.
nikkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-21-2010, 04:26 PM   #78
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkie View Post
Thanks everyone!!! I'm so excited.

Of course .....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 04:30 PM   #79
jcvillarroel
jcvillarroel began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
I did not participated at all in the contest because I never discovered the murder ... but I just want to tell you that I enjoyed this crazy and funny story soooooo muchhhhh. Congratulations to all the winners and Congratulations to Mobileread team too... I love your creativity!!! I will keep my eyes open waiting for the next MobileRead Contest!!!
Enjoy your prizes and have a nice weekend.
JC
jcvillarroel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 04:31 PM   #80
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Whoop! Whoop!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-21-2010, 04:46 PM   #81
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
I did give you a big nudge, or a little slip (I can't remember) ....
Yes you did, Geoff! Thanks for that!

(Geoff posted a note of congratulations on my member page, leaving me curious as to what he was congratulating me for!)

And a big thanks to Alex for creating this marvelous website with all of it's wonderful camaraderie and contests!

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 05-21-2010 at 04:50 PM.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 04:52 PM   #82
lovestoreadalot
Connoisseur
lovestoreadalot began at the beginning.

Device: none

Last edited by lovestoreadalot; 09-12-2010 at 07:28 PM.
lovestoreadalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 04:57 PM   #83
sqrt(-1)
sqrt(-1) is on a distinguished road

Device: none
That was fun! At least I can now get myself some more reading. Now I just need to get myself device for reading them...

all.
sqrt(-1) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 05:00 PM   #84
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceArt View Post
Congrats to all the winners, and thanks to everyone who organized this. It was a lot of fun
Would somebody among the powers to be please give a prize for this wonderful among the wonderful avatars?

beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 05:18 PM   #85
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Lobster View Post
When you need international intrigue and a dame willing to do all the wetwork you call Red. When you need pictures of in flagrante or confusatory narrative, you call me.

Congrats to the winners. I'm available to investigate the process for all the losers.

$50 a day plus expenses.

I can see it now, the latest MR ebook/Drink.

Rock and Red (with a VR chaser)....
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 05:20 PM   #86
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
I'm ready for an R&R w vrc, right about now...
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 05:34 PM   #87
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
I'm ready for an R&R w vrc, right about now...
You just got back from vacation, and you already want to take an R&R? And why VRC? Not too many folks vacation at the Vaccine Research Center!

Farking Social Workers! Stop trying pshrynk's last nerve!

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 05-22-2010 at 10:37 AM.
Old 05-21-2010, 05:49 PM   #88
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Rock & Red --- that sounds like Creme de Noyeaux on the rocks. (That's Cream of Almonds, and it's red colored). I'll have one tonight, to celebrate!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 06:00 PM   #89
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Rock & Red --- that sounds like Creme de Noyeaux on the rocks. (That's Cream of Almonds, and it's red colored). I'll have one tonight, to celebrate!

A Rock and Red with BadGoodDeb.

How could any noir gentleman say no....

(at least until VR starts chasing...)
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 06:12 PM   #90
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Congrats to the winners!

Quote:
Another round of Directebook vouchers for outstandingly entertaining entries go to:
Will these entries be posted somewhere as well?
Here's mine, which at the time I felt pretty certain was right. (Originally posted in the discussion thread.)

<<<>>>

My OFFICIAL solution to the Rock Lobster - PI for Hire mystery
by WT Sharpe

Nekokami killed pshrink.

* She had motive: Not only was she incensed by pshrink charging her $300.00 for advice she considered unnecessary, but she may have been jealous of his success as a writer as well.

* She had no alibi. No one saw her during the time of the murder, and she avoided the question when Rock asked her.

* Pshrink implicated her by the Yellow Star with the Red Q he was clutching. She said, “I’m a BLOODY QUAKER!”, and what better way for the dying man to implicate a Bloody Quaker than by pulling out his old avatar? Red Q = Bloody Quaker. Oh, what a giveaway!

I chose Nekokami as the murderer because she had motive, no alibi, and was a “Bloody Quaker” who was implicated by pshrink by his clutching of the Yellow Star with the Red Q.