Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-24-2013, 06:27 PM   #766
TheMongoose
TheMongoose began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Bah, I suppose in the resetting to fix other stuff it decided to forget my airplane mode preferences but to somehow remember the wi fi password and reconnect. I've downgraded back to 5.3.6, what else will I need to do to restore the jailbreak? Everything?
TheMongoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 06:30 PM   #767
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@TheMongoose: Yeah, pretty much everything besides the device jailbreak itself ;/
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 10:38 AM   #768
saris
saris began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
For some reason, after having put the kindle to sleep a couple of times (not like in a row, altho that has happened too) the screensavers no longer show up and it just freezes on the current page I'm on.
saris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 12:46 PM   #769
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@saris: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=625

You have a broken image (format/size) in your pool .
Old 10-05-2013, 12:24 PM   #770
zhongfu
zhongfu began at the beginning.

Device: K5W
There's a bug: when you have a passcode lock, waking the kindle then pressing the power button re-overlays the overlay on the lock screen.

Also, I cooked up a quick overlay for KT. Attached is the image and the GIMP file, if you want it
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	last_touch.png
Views:	220
Size:	15.2 KB
ID:	112838   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2013_10_06T10_25_16+0800.png
Views:	201
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	112881  
Attached Files
File Type: zip last_touch.zip (8.6 KB, 124 views)

Last edited by zhongfu; 10-05-2013 at 10:28 PM. Reason: added screenshot
zhongfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 12:30 PM   #771
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhongfu View Post
There's a bug: when you have a passcode lock, waking the kindle then pressing the power button re-overlays the overlay on the lock screen.

Also, I cooked up a quick overlay for KT. Attached is the image and the GIMP file, if you want it
Oh, great!
The universal symbol for the door of an outhouse.

Hmm...
Maybe ixtab will want to use that for entry into the pw2 Java applications.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 01:26 PM   #772
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@zhongfu: If I understood you correctly, that's not a bug, that's how the screensavers works.

The whole point of an overlay is that it, well, overlays. So it's not gonna magically remove part of what's underneath just because it happens to be a nasty UI element ;p.

(Also one of the reasons why I designed the default overlays to mostly match the chrome bars at the top, and the potential blank space at the bottom ).
Old 10-05-2013, 10:31 PM   #773
zhongfu
zhongfu began at the beginning.

Device: K5W
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@zhongfu: If I understood you correctly, that's not a bug, that's how the screensavers works.

The whole point of an overlay is that it, well, overlays. So it's not gonna magically remove part of what's underneath just because it happens to be a nasty UI element ;p.

(Also one of the reasons why I designed the default overlays to mostly match the chrome bars at the top, and the potential blank space at the bottom ).
Well, I was thinking that perhaps the lock state could be checked for, and if it was locked, then use the previous screenshot + overlay?

Also, I originally thought the crescent in the overlay was some sort of weird progress bar that was almost full, due to the crescent :/

Thanks for your mod BTW! I got my SO removed just for it
zhongfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 09:10 AM   #774
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhongfu View Post

Hey, thanks for that second screenshot.

I actually like that 'bug' - the overlay on top of where you are at in the book whenever the system is suspended.

PS: Thanks for including the gimp file, not all Kindles take the same size graphics.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 09:54 AM   #775
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@zhongfu: Nice theory, but nope .

Even if we hooked the goingToScreensaver event (which we don't, because we don't need to), it's too late to ask for a frame that's no longer on the screen.
Old 10-06-2013, 04:51 PM   #776
djpyle
Writer
djpyle can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.djpyle can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.djpyle can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.djpyle can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.djpyle can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.djpyle can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.djpyle can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.djpyle can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.djpyle can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.djpyle can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.djpyle can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.

Device: Oasis, Paperwhite 1, iPhone 6+
Thanks so much for all the hard work everyone's done on this! One quick question: is there an adjustment I can make anywhere that would make the background behind the covers (when using cover mode) black instead of white when the cover's aspect ratio is narrower than the screen's?

Last edited by djpyle; 10-06-2013 at 04:54 PM.
djpyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 05:17 PM   #777
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by djpyle View Post
Thanks so much for all the hard work everyone's done on this! One quick question: is there an adjustment I can make anywhere that would make the background behind the covers (when using cover mode) black instead of white when the cover's aspect ratio is narrower than the screen's?
From change log info in first post:

Implement a new cover mode setting: black letterboxing borders. (Drop a blank 'black' file in the linkss folder to enable this mode)

Or if you are implementing through KUAL, there is a button in the screensavers menu list to toggle between white and black...white is default.

Works great.

Last edited by GoSharks; 10-06-2013 at 06:28 PM.
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 05:27 PM   #778
djpyle
Writer
djpyle can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.djpyle can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.djpyle can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.djpyle can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.djpyle can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.djpyle can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.djpyle can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.djpyle can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.djpyle can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.djpyle can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.djpyle can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.

Device: Oasis, Paperwhite 1, iPhone 6+
Aha! Should have read the change log more closely. Thanks so much!
djpyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 05:37 PM   #779
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by djpyle View Post
Aha! Should have read the change log more closely. Thanks so much!
Your welcome.... I prefer the black also (IMHO it should have been the default )
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 06:26 PM   #780
NiLuJe
BLAM!

A bit late to the party, but since a picture's worth a thousand words...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2013_10_07T00_35_42+0200.png
Views:	211
Size:	15.0 KB
ID:	112930  

Tags
kindle touch hacks, paperwhite, python, screensavers, touch