Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-31-2010, 08:08 AM   #1
TheHutt
Zealot
TheHutt can extract oil from cheeseTheHutt can extract oil from cheeseTheHutt can extract oil from cheeseTheHutt can extract oil from cheeseTheHutt can extract oil from cheeseTheHutt can extract oil from cheeseTheHutt can extract oil from cheeseTheHutt can extract oil from cheeseTheHutt can extract oil from cheese

Device: Pocketbook 360°
Pocketbook 360: alternative keyboard layouts

Hello,

While having bought a PB360° in Germany, I was astonished that there is no DE-RU keyboard layout, allowing to switch between German and Russian keyboards. Thus I created a new keyboard layout specially for this purpose. Also you can use this file as a template for your own keyboard layouts, which PB does not provide (like, for example, French).

The layouts do differ from the official German / Russian layouts in PB360, but I think they are even better, as they contain more special characters. Of course you can adapt them to the official layouts with a text editor (I recommend PSPad as it interprets the encoding correctly).

DE layout:

RU layout:

To select a custom keyboard layout, you need to copy the KBD file into the \system\language\keyboard directory on your PB. Then you can select it in the settings of Pocketbook.

File updated.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DE-RU.zip (413 Bytes, 456 views)

Last edited by TheHutt; 02-02-2010 at 03:04 AM.
TheHutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 06:14 PM   #2
PocketGoods
Banned
PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: PB360
Thank you, TheHutt!!!! That is exactly what I need! You are great!
PocketGoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2010, 03:06 AM   #3
TheHutt
Zealot
TheHutt can extract oil from cheeseTheHutt can extract oil from cheeseTheHutt can extract oil from cheeseTheHutt can extract oil from cheeseTheHutt can extract oil from cheeseTheHutt can extract oil from cheeseTheHutt can extract oil from cheeseTheHutt can extract oil from cheeseTheHutt can extract oil from cheese

Unfortunately the Russian keyboard had an error (it contained two small letters "п"). This has been fixed; you need to reload the file.
TheHutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 06:49 AM   #4
Toniri
Toniri began at the beginning.

Hello!

After I installed the de-ru keyboard, it was working just fine. But later it (or I) changed back to the default english and now I can't make it reappear again. It doesn't matter what I select in settings, I always just get the default english keyboard. Hardware reset didn't help either.

Any ideas what I can do?

Thanks in advance!

toni

edit: Ok, found it. The keyboard layout shown depends on the choosen dictionary. Only in search is it possible to manually switch through installed keyboard layouts.

Last edited by Toniri; 03-08-2010 at 12:08 PM.
Toniri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 01:35 PM   #5
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toniri View Post
Hello!

After I installed the de-ru keyboard, it was working just fine. But later it (or I) changed back to the default english and now I can't make it reappear again. It doesn't matter what I select in settings, I always just get the default english keyboard. Hardware reset didn't help either.

Any ideas what I can do?

Thanks in advance!

toni

edit: Ok, found it. The keyboard layout shown depends on the choosen dictionary. Only in search is it possible to manually switch through installed keyboard layouts.
Okay, just wanted to hit you with my professional knowledge. But since you found the solution already, I can just congratulate you. Nicely done!
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
keyboard, pocketbook 360