Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-25-2013, 06:57 AM   #1
iamfeeble
iamfeeble began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
Question Can't Share Excerpts from Sideloaded Books on KPW2

Hi, I'm a new Kindle owner. My first Kindle being the Paperwhite 2. Really having a blast with it. I have yet to do any reading from any of my other devices anymore, which is fine since nothing compares to reading on an e-ink screen!

However, I'm having a bit of a problem with the social integration in regards to my sideloaded books. I can share excerpts and highlights from my purchased Amazon books. But I can't do the same with my sideloaded books.

Does anyone have an idea how to fix it? I already spoke with amazon and they forwarded my query to Goodreads. Their response will arrive within 48hours.

Pretty bummed out since I do all my reading from sideloaded books right now.

Note: I do my ebook management via Calibre

Last edited by iamfeeble; 11-25-2013 at 07:09 AM.
iamfeeble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 10:13 AM   #2
arad26
Zealot
arad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: PW2
You can't do that with side loaded books
arad26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-25-2013, 12:05 PM   #3
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@iamfeeble: there's a checkmark in the MOBI/AZW3 conversion settings in calibre to workaround that. Be aware that it breaks a whole host of other things (sync, collection management with KC+CM, possibly thumbnails) though, so it's a trade off.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 04:04 AM   #4
iamfeeble
iamfeeble began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@iamfeeble: there's a checkmark in the MOBI/AZW3 conversion settings in calibre to workaround that. Be aware that it breaks a whole host of other things (sync, collection management with KC+CM, possibly thumbnails) though, so it's a trade off.
I just tried this. The sharing now works! However the author and title doesn't stick. Is this normal? When I share a highlight it just comes out under the author "Anonymous'.
iamfeeble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 01:55 PM   #5
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@iamfeeble: I have no idea, sorry, I've never relied on/actually tested this feature .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert