Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-02-2010, 11:56 AM   #1
mikthor
mikthor began at the beginning.

Device: prs_500
Reader library 3.2 will not open

I recently updated reader library to version 3.2 (ReaderLibraryInstaller_3.2.00.05120.exe) and now the program will not open on my pc.

task manager shows reader library launcher.exe and reader library in running processes.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled X 2 and cannot get any help from Sony
mikthor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 12:43 PM   #2
trout
Enthusiast
trout has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.trout has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.trout has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikthor View Post
I recently updated reader library to version 3.2 (ReaderLibraryInstaller_3.2.00.05120.exe) and now the program will not open on my pc.

task manager shows reader library launcher.exe and reader library in running processes.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled X 2 and cannot get any help from Sony
Same problem
trout is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2010, 12:58 PM   #3
purple_kathryn
Mostly harmless
purple_kathryn began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Me too

Which suggests that it's really not us!
purple_kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 02:04 PM   #4
Yarrow
Enthusiast
Yarrow began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS500& PRS505; iPad; and Kindle
Me too. Very annoying. Anyone tried uninstalling adn starting with fresh install>
Yarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 02:23 PM   #5
sonyaddict
sonyaddict began at the beginning.

Device: prs300
Even though you uninstall the program and reinstall it i would suggest to contact sony customer service! they will help you making your reader library to launch. They did a great job!! 877-263-2863
if its any good try to disable the antivirus
sonyaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2010, 02:29 PM   #6
SameOldStory
My True Self
SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
Try uninstalling it with Revo Uninstaller. In the last 2 parts select all leftover files that it finds and then click deleate.

Even if you "uninstall" a program it leaves a lot of sh---- stuff. This will remove all of it.

It may not fix the Sony install problem but it will get rid of all the stuff and let you do a clean install.
SameOldStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 04:17 PM   #7
purple_kathryn
Mostly harmless

Thanks SOS

Gave it a go but still no joy I'm afraid (although at least i know it's a clean install!)

I've got an email in with Sony so I'll see if that yields anything. Until then I shall have to have improperly sorted books
Old 06-02-2010, 04:26 PM   #8
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony: PRS 950 & T1, Kobo: Aura One & Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by purple_kathryn View Post
I've got an email in with Sony so I'll see if that yields anything. Until then I shall have to have improperly sorted books
Kathryn, I have had CONSISTENTLY very good luck calling Sony Customer Service for help.
petercreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 04:39 AM   #9
Yarrow
Enthusiast
Yarrow began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS500& PRS505; iPad; and Kindle
Advice from Sony??

Please share any advice from Sony. thanks.
Yarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 10:50 AM   #10
mikthor
mikthor began at the beginning.

Device: prs_500
Have tried clean reinstall to no avail.
mikthor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 11:12 AM   #11
DrZoidberg
Connoisseur
DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Calibre can can do everything Sony Library can do and more. The Sony Library has given me nothing but head-aches. I uninstalled it almost right away.
DrZoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 11:22 AM   #12
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I've installed Reader Library on Vista Home Premium, XP Professional, XP Home (x2), Windows 7 Ultimate (x2), Windows 7 Home Premium, Windows 7 Ultimate RTM (x2) and they all worked without a problem. So I really do think it is something on your systems that is causing the problem.

And this is all on 5 different computers too.

Last edited by JSWolf; 06-03-2010 at 11:28 AM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 12:52 PM   #13
purple_kathryn
Mostly harmless

Quote:
Originally Posted by petercreasey View Post
Kathryn, I have had CONSISTENTLY very good luck calling Sony Customer Service for help.
I'll give them a go at the weekend Peter
Old 06-03-2010, 03:11 PM   #14
daisy76
daisy76 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Ereader
Mine was working on the desktop (XP) and not on my laptop (vista) and then I did the upgrade and it worked for about 1 day on my desktop and has not worked on my laptop.

I end up using ADE. There seems to be a problem with the software.
daisy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 07:49 AM   #15
purple_kathryn
Mostly harmless

I might try installing the software on my lap top and see if it works on that.