Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-15-2005, 02:28 AM   #1
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
Is Google just about food?

An entertaining Economist editorial ponders the question what $80b company Google is all about. You have to give them at least that: They know how to talk about food!

[via Slashdot]
Colin Dunstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 10:59 AM   #2
hacker
Technology Mercenary
hacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with others

Device: Direct Neural Implant
A friend and former coworker at a previous company we both worked at, moved to Google in 2000 or so, when there were 230 employees worldwide there. Now there are over 6,000 and they're hiring 100 new people per-day. I think he's a year or two younger than me, and he has been at Google for 4 years and 1 month.

Now he's retiring, and never has to work for the rest of his life, and he's in his mid-30's. I just found out about it a couple of days ago.

Unfortunately, Google no longer gives out stock options to employees, so he got in long before things were REALLY good at Google, and now he's set for life. Lucky bloke!

(I'm trying to convince him to invest in a new company/venture I'm working on, he's an amazing Perl developer, and I would be able to use his talent either way. Heck, he's going to have a lot of free time on his hands soon =)
hacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert